Aeotec Doorbell 6 (Z-Wave) issues

Partly for information and partly looking for any ideas to rectify but I think I have pretty much exhausted the latter…

I have had my Doorbell 6 connected to ST for years with no issues. With the recent hub update it dropped off line and refused to stay on-line for more than 10 minutes (+/-). When on line there was no status update and ST was unable to trigger any actions.

The doorbell itself reported that is was paired. I removed and re-paired several times as well as resetting the Doorbell itself with secure/non-secure search and specific device pairings. Each time it paired successfully and without issue but no status update or trigger ability was present before it dropped off line again. Actioning a chime from a doorbell button did not change status in ST.

All Aeotec side doorbell functionality was (and is) 100% as it should be.

Also tried rebooting the hub a few times without success but most recent reboot has resulted in partial success. So now:

  • ST does NOT update status on chime completion

  • ST can NOT trigger siren or strobe only (always triggers siren & strobe)

  • ST does NOT see status update on doorbell use

  • ST CAN trigger all chimes

  • ST CAN seemingly configure endpoint settings but seems a bit hit and miss and volume is more miss than hit :thinking:

  • ST (so far) IS maintaining device on line (30 minutes now… that’s a result)

This is using the new ‘Aeotec Siren 6 Advanced’ driver - ST stock does not seem to work so well and hub needs a reboot on each change for tile to update. Doorbell hub proximity has no impact.

So that’s it, any further suggestions would be welcome. In the meantime I will monitor for changes…