Aeon Smart Meter Switch 6 - Beta [ SmartThings Device Custom Release Beta]

I have night light dimming working now. It turns out my code was fine but the Aeon Switch I received from amazon had firmware 1.01 installed. Apparently 1.03 is needed for night light dimming to work.

So if you have issues trying to get the dimming slider to work with the switch to adjust the dim setting you likely need to upgrade the firmware. Unfortunately this requires a Aeon Z-stick and the upgrade from Aeon support because Smart Things does not support OTA firmware updates.

I now have a z-stick and the firmware upgrade software and can report 1.03 works perfectly.

1 Like

Do you have s contact i have 3 of these I need to get updated

Do you have any instructions on how to add the switch using your code? I created the device type, moved on to create a new device but what do i put in device network ID? and once that is done how do i attach your code to my smart switch?

***********************************please disregard, i figured it out, thx

Thanks

1 Like

My Aeon Smart Switch keeps ā€œfalling offā€ my hub (at least control-wise). Itā€™s not removed from the z-wave networkā€¦ more like itā€™s tired and not listening to commands after about 24 hours. I have to physically unplug it from the wall and plug it back in and itā€™s fine again. Is it being over-polled and crapping out from the hub? Iā€™ve seen similar behavior from the old pollster app ignoring devices after a bit. Also the LED goes out. Iā€™ve used both Ron and Larryā€™s drivers. Switching back to a dumb metering driver to see if itā€™s any better.

I have two and neither have fallen of my netā€¦ I would double check if you are having signal issues. the only devices I have had fall off my net were in the basement with bad signalā€¦

Same here I have only one of the new switched and two of the older models. All work fine on my network.

This is sucking. I got 45 devices on my SmartThings network and never have I had issues like this. So I tried to remove this Smart Switch 6 device and it wouldnā€™t. So I put it in forced exclusion. After that I tried to exclude it from the hub with exclusion mode, but I have no feedback that that actually worked. Now I canā€™t get it to pair with the hub at all. It looks like itā€™s reset because when I plug it it, it does the color-cycled business on the LED. Unfortunately when I add device and do a secure (single tap of the bottom right corner button on the device) or a secure inclusion (double tap), the led briefly changes to green or red (which I assume is secure and non-secure inclusion attempts) then returns back to the color cycling after a few seconds blinking either red or green. At no time does it ever show up in SmartThings. WTF am I doing wrong?

How far are you from the hub ? I have found the newer switches have a much shorter range. Inclusion/exclusion needs to be direct to the hub I think so you need to be close. Plug it in near the hub and try again.

1. Place smart things in inclusion mode
  2. single tap (non-secure) the switch button to include
  3. wait for ST to say it found the device.

I have also found that ST often sits and spins looking for the device when it really already included it. I close the app and re-open it to discover that the device is now present. One of the MANY bugs in ST these days.

Good luck.

I donā€™t think so. 10 feet away from hub. I think the antenna on this thing is faulty. May send it back for a replacement.

i have had trouble getting mine to pair i had to do forced exclusion more than once and reset more than onceā€¦ be persistentā€¦ but ya also need to be close to the hub

I got another one, paired it up immediately and itā€™s been fine ever since. I think there was a faulty antenna in the last one (returned it). Thanks for the help!

Was/Is the distance the same as the first. I have 3 of them that canā€™t go past 8 feet :frowning:

Thatā€™s crazy, I have 1 and itā€™s about 25ft from my hub, through a wall. But I also have a wall switch about 10ft from the hub which acts as a repeater, these switches should act as repeaters also so what happens if you place one at 8ft, then one at say 20ft or more ? Wondering if range issue is from Switch or Hub.

I just did a secure pairing (flashing blue light) and trying to see if a repair works in secure mode (which it is now in)

Iā€™ve tried everything, even contacting support. Iā€™m not sure if it is a ST/Aeotec signal issue, faulty components (my V2 Hub was shipping to a hotel, then transfered to air frieght to me overseas) so wondering if it could be damanged.

Now they donā€™t even seem to work in the same room. Sometimes on/off triggers like 4-5 times in a row from 10 minutes ago. No idea whatā€™s going on.

I know the first one I got was faulty. It would only be controllable for about 5 minutes then the hub wouldnā€™t do anything with it until I removed it from the wall and plugged it back inā€“it never lost pairing with the hub though, it just became uncontrollable after a short period of time. As far as distance, I was 10 feet from the hub with no walls when the problems happened. Also, I got about 50 zwave devices in my home so thereā€™s quite a mesh net to repeat signals all over. Currently my replacement Aeon6 smart switch is one story above and a good 30 feet horizontally, through many walls, and works fine.

Thatā€™s what I would expect. However, Iā€™m wonder if these can be faulty. 3 of them ?

Curious, are yours pair securely (blue flashing light when pairing) or insecurely

I can tell you mine are paired insecure. I didnā€™t feel the need for secure since it is just a power monitor. Not a door lock or alarm or something important like that.

mine are insecure and i have 3 and all work fine at least 30-50 feet from hubā€¦ is there some metal around your hub or something

Insecure pairing on mine

I would think secure will not use the mesh unless you have a ā€œsecure meshā€, so perhaps this is the cause of the issue ?