I received the engineering spec from Aeotec, so I was able to write a functional device type for the .
Aeon Labs DSC24 Smart Switch. This is the newer version of the Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch DSC06 that adds the ability to monitor current and voltage in addition to watts and total energy (kWh). This device type remains ACTIVE so no need to poll the device from a SmartApp to keep it reporting.
Here are some of the preferences I have implemented for the device:
- Enable/Disable the remote switch if you only care about energy monitoring
- Set the interval that device reports to the SmartThings hub
- Enable/Disable power events in the Activity log for the device
- Adjust how the switch responds to the “Switch All” command
- Turn on/off the debugging for the device though the UI
I also commented all of the possible configuration values in the code if someone wants to subvert the device to their own will.