Ady624 SmartThings Staff

It’s real. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Is it now? :smiley:

19 Likes

Get out of here Adrian. Who let you out of your room?

5 Likes

It’s a big box…

2 Likes

I wish it reached that high, but no, it’s a smaller box with a hole for a window.

3 Likes

Dunno - have they paid you yet? THEN it’s real…

I did mean awesome for him, first and foremost. Maybe he’ll get an office next to Bruce Ravenel.

4 Likes

So… What does this mean for the future of WebCore?

1 Like

It means that @anon36505037 is going to have a lot of sleepless nights.

giphy (19)

2 Likes

This is such a great move for SmartThings! I mean really, without webCoRE and previously CoRE, I could not have achieved the level of Home Automation that I currently have.

Hats off to SmartThings for such a good move and many thanks to @ady642 and all that have contributed to webCoRE and CoRE in this great Community!

9 Likes

And I’ll just say as everyone can imagine, Adrian has made a significant impact on ST since he has joined. (We’re on the same team). Very happy to have him on board and excited to show off the stuff we’re currently working on when its ready :wink:

12 Likes

I’m…offended? Maybe? :slight_smile:

To be fair to Michael, in the US, if someone were to say something like “Dude, you are the shit!”, that is paying a huge compliment to the person. Equivalent of “You are awesome!”, “You are the bomb!”, or even “You are all that and then some”.

I wouldn’t have used the choice of slang that was posted, but I’m sure that it was intended 100% as a compliment and praising of @ady624 and his accomplishment, and not knowing the origin or negative meaning of the word. Lesson learned.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally took that as a compliment, no insult taken. Thank you all

11 Likes

Happy happy happy…great move ST. :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly. In the 90’s it was indeed a compliment. At least everywhere I traveled.

I find this offensive. You say that the individual in question is from Europe and keeps better company than the people that use this word, then further down that this is a word commonly associated with African American vernacular. Did you have to Google the word “shiznit”? Then you saw it was commonly used by African Americans, so this person can’t be associated with that group of people? I’m not following the reason for your post, I read it several times and you seem to be the antithesis of the “shiznit”. LAME!

1 Like

Massive congratulations @ady624 really exciting news :grin:

2 Likes

The forum software (Discourse) is designed to be streamlined and “community policed”. If you find something offensive, :black_flag: just flag it. Based on your status (history in the Community), that flag is given a certain weight. Additional members flagging it will add up to make the post “hidden”.

Moderators can also be notified by a flag and can choose more immediate or other actions.

The point: There’s no use going on a tagential discussion about manners or offense: Since there’s a super simple method for keeping the Community polite. Just Flag it. :black_flag:

4 Likes

Congrats @ady624! Your mobile presence solution on my wife’s phone has worked flawless for a month, something I couldn’t say with the Smartthings mobile app or key fob. I hope that is your first project!

3 Likes