Adt smartthings devices not pairing

Do you by any chance have the ADT monitoring with the sensors? I need some help but because the system is basically dead, I can’t find any assistance really.

Nope, no ADT monitoring. What problem(s) are you having?

1 Like

I can’t get the 2 sensors I got brand new off of Amazon to begin the test to be monitored by ADT. It fails right when I click begin test. The ADT reps I called all couldnt figure out why as they can see the sensors on their end on the canopy site and said my signal was good.

I had the same issue, finding one door sensor always open. I tried to solve the problem by removing the sensor and adding it again that was unsuccessful. Using an old version of smartthings app was possible to add the sensor. But I realized that all ADT dual branded sensors only work locally with the ADT hub and their status do not get updated in the cloud and no smart app can use them.
Since Samsung keep integrating new brands to the new app, it seems they intentionally stopped syncing ADT sensors.
What do you think? Did anybody have the same problem inside USA or this problem happened only for users out of USA?

So as @amehrbod stated these sensors are processed locally by the ADT side of the Smartthings ADT Alarm panel. I have had a few occasions were the sensors have gotten out of sync and my normal resolution is to simply do a restart of the Smartthings side of the system from the IDE.

I am a little concerned about the qeustions about if this is a USA problem or not. Technically this was never supported outside of the US. So if folks out of the US are having problems it could very well be the gap that allowed you to function was closed up, or you are missing something you did to initially get it it working out of designed methods. Either way that is on you for not using the system as designed or trying to use it in a unsupported method.

Thank you, Actually restarting the panel from IDE resolved the issue. But what maid me think that there might be an issue between Smartthings project and ADT was the fact that the problem was only for ADT sensors, not the others, also ADT sensors were listed in the old versions of Smartthings app, but they are removed from newer versions of both classic and new Apps.
About not using the ADT panel out of USA, it is something that I am thinking about not because of the support, but because of many issues that the hub has. Still I couldn’t find an alternative that has all the functionalities of ADT hub. At the time of buying the hub they said only monitoring service is not supported out of the US, not other functionalities. I think the hub even has a UK version that the only difference should be Z-wave frequency.