Adjustable bed with Smartthings and Logitech

I am learning groovy to write a device handler. I am looking around the house for a project that I can use to learn. I come up with a simple on/off switch that connect to the bed. I hook it up with an activity in my Logitech. Here is what I got.

5 Likes

Hi, i have the same setup as yours, bed and all. Can you please share /explain how you did this?
Thanks

My bed come with bluetooth module.

You can sniff the bluetooth command using the bed android app. Android can log the bluetooth hci commands. You can download this to a desktop and read the command using wireshark.

I have an old notebook that has bluetooth and wifi that I install linux. I write a small phyton code to make a bluetooth-http proxy to talk to smartthing. That is pretty much it. I am in the process to move this proxy to $9 CHIP (raspberry pi like device). The CHIP is linux box with bluetooth and wifi come with it.

Thanks
Iman

2 Likes

Can you please share your python code with us? I can use catalog to sniff and get the codes but would appreciate if you can share the python to translate to st

2 Likes

@iharyadi can you please post your python code?
Would be great if you can document the whole process of getting the reverie bed control working. I’m trying to do something similar.

I am sorry for the late reply. I have move on from the python for a while.

I have move my code into something like a BLE gateway. I move some of my home automation to a different hub.

I have to make disclaimer here since I do not want us to go into this hub vs that hub. I am using hubitat for this bed because there is some technical requirement when I need to deliver the information. There is a thread I made for this project over at hubitat community if you are interested on the progress. This week I started sending out prototype to some of the member there.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like