Adding Nest Protect

Hi, trying adding my nest protect’s using this Method:

However just gets errors when going in the app to configure it after adding it in both Places in IDE (handler and New Device)

Anyone else encountered this?

I’m in EU if that matters for the code…

https://github.com/sidjohn1/SmartThings-NestProtect
or

Thanks!
But i think my IDE is busted ATM.
Can create Device handlers alright, but no New Device, only errors occours.
Will try later today…

Still just getting 500 error when trying to add Device.
Seeing that more People have this problem, i Wonder why, and if someone has a solution to this?

Have you opened a ticket to support yet? Support@smartthings.com
The forums can’t help you with an internal server error.
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

Actually, that I understand, but maybe something where wrong about the setup handler vs device or something similar was my thought.
Since I remember to have read that it’s more than me that faces this error when trying to add the protect.

What to do with the nest protect in the middle? Does it serve any purpose?

Is it safe to assume if I don’t know how to do IFTTT and code like the rest of you that I can’t add Nest Protect to my SmartThings hub? Having a smart home should not be this difficult to set up. I don’t understand why these companies would not want to make sure these devices work well together.

1 Like

The first thing you need to know about an “Internal Server Error” is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

Check the Error Logs
Errors in .htaccess files
Clear your browser cookies and cache
Reload or Refresh the Webpage

Not Yet?

If you’ve tried to troubleshoot your 500 server error and still can’t fix it, then you may need to speak to your web host and see if they are able to find what process or script is causing the error.