Adding Action:Lighting:"Add Shortcuts...to Dashboard.." Unexpected error

I have tried it on my old iphone and my Note 3. I have logged out and back in. I have uninstalled smartthing app and reinstalled. But everytime I try to add the shortcut to dashboard then click Auto import and then pick the switches. When I click next, a red banner appears that says "Error:An unexpected error occurred"
Help!

The link from actions full name is “Add shortcuts for groups or individual light switches on your dashboard and tap them any time for easy control”

I am getting the same error. The existing lights are there and I can edit them and they work, but I can’t import any more.

Support is working on it. It has been transferred to android support because my old iphone works my note 3 does not.

This is a recent known issue on the Platform. I don’t have an exact fix date but there is an active bug ticket for it.

2 Likes

Thanks, I see the binding to the smartapp show up in the dev dashboard, and am able to remove from there. I will wait to try and re-add the device to the smartapp once it is updated.

I am having the same issue on my Android phone. Any news on a fix?

KO

Same here on a note 3 :frowning:

Same issue on moto x.

Same issue with note 4

I worked with support they updated the app and now it works. I would suggest you all uninstall app and power down phone then reinstall app, thats what I did, not that it will work for you. You may have to open a support ticket. Had to wipe out all lights and switches and re-add. Then add one at a time, auto import does not work yet, but short cut does show up now. You must add one at a time! Auto import still does not work but shortcut “Lights and Switches” is on dashboard.
Now I have a new problem. When I go into Things I have 49 devices split into 16 groups. One of the groups, only one when I click on it “Unexpected error” I can not access any of the devices in that group. When I get a chance I will open a support ticket. I will say ST was on top of the issue and fixed it quick. I have just been lagging updating this post.

Update to “unexpected error” removed devices from this group one by one. Found when I removed the HEM V2 power meter error went away and error popped up on devices screen. Made a group called test and now error followed power meter device to that group. At least I have access to the other devices. Tried installing other devices instead of HEM V2 no luck always an error. I guess next step is to delete out and start over