Add device error - Aeotec Hub

Just moved to an Aerotec hub. trying to add devices. whether I try Find device, QR, add by brand, I get the same error code - 07-999. Aerotech support has no idea what this code is. Help please.

2 Likes

Hi there,
Consider setting up your hub using an Ethernet connection first. Once finished, you can connect your Smart Home Hub to Wi-Fi afterwards. (Main Menu ā†’ Settings ā†’ Change device Wi-Fi network).

How to setup Smart Home Hub

What brand/model of any of the devices that you can not add? new devices or existing devices you are moving from another hub? Just checking to see if any z-wave devices need to be excluded or any zigbee devices reset if you are moving from another hub :slight_smile:

should probably ask what the led color is on the front of the hub when trying to add devices

Set it up by ethernet then moved to wifi. Any idea what that code means?

No Sorry, contact samsung support
Smartthings App> Menu> Contact Us> Call Customer Service.

Thatā€™s the message you get when a smartthings Wi-Fi device canā€™t connect. People used to get it with the old smartthings brand Wi-Fi camera, for example. It does sound like the hub is not properly connecting to Wi-Fi, for what thatā€™s worth. Smartthings support should be able to say more.

ST support ran a couple of test. Says the hub is fine, but all 23-25 devices are having trouble connecting. Iā€™ve reset 6-8 of them to factory default and tried to ā€˜Add Device.ā€™ Still get the 07-999 error on each attempt.
Removed the hub from ST app and did a factory reset. Tried to add it to ST app. Now itā€™s on ā€œInstalling Firmware.ā€ 99% complete, and has been there for 40 minutes. If I try to exit, I get ā€œWait until hub is ready.ā€ Donā€™t want to die of old age while waiting.

How did it go? Can you add devices yet? I have a new Aeotec hub (smartthings v3) and Iā€™m trying to add Aeotec multisensor 6 - but to be fair it doesnā€™t matter what I try to add because it just says "Couldnā€™t add device Something went wrong try again later (error code: 07-999).
Yes Iā€™ve been through the ā€œupdating firmwareā€ when you switch on the hub

Me too - exactly the same response. No devices added, not devices reset to factory, not devices straight new out of the box. In effect, smartthings which i have had for years before changing the broadband supplier and network name is useless. And no, I canā€™t go back because I factory reset my hub.

My SmartThings Hub v3 died two weeks ago - it just blinked blue and didnā€™t ever connect to my LAN. After many emails back and forth with Samsung support, they concluded what I said from the beginning: The hub was dead and should be replaced.

I bought a new hub, Aeotec Smart Home Hub. Set it up.
I added my Hue hub, but when I try to add any z-wave devices, it almost immediately gives me the 07-999 error. So right now, my SmartThings hub is a Hue hub :frowning:

Contact support

I went to the smartthings website, logged in, removed ALL devices from the old hub, then deleted the old hub - now it seems like the 07-999-error is gone. Trying to delete the old hub without first deleting the devices attached results in a 500 Internal Server Error - no helpful hints.