Accidentally deleted SHM

(Sam Goldsmith) #1

So I was having some trouble with a function in the SHM that kept happening even after I deleted it. So I figured I would uninstall SHM via the IDE and reinstall it. Sadly, because I’m dumb - I can’t gigure out how to reinstall the SHM. Now it isn’t on my dashboard and I’m not sure how to get it back.

(Robin) #2

I think you need support to put it back for you if you deleted it from the IDE.

@Brad_ST

Can’t he add it back in by going to the Marketplace under Safety and Security?

(Robin) #4

Forgot it’s hiding in there… market place is sooo useless I haven’t been there for years lol!

I’m just used to it being on the favourites page, even in a fresh install it’s sitting there asking to be activated!

In the mobile app, goto Marketplace / Safety and Security and select it. It should add back in for you. Screenshot above.

(Sam Goldsmith) #6

Sadly it isn’t there for me. I just see the following. I’ve emailed support but I don’t know how long they take to sort stuff like this.

How about under SmartThings Recommends?

(Sam Goldsmith) #8

Nope. I’ve properly messed it up it seems. :frowning:

(Robin) #9

Actually it’s not there for me either… but I vaguely remember it was once-upon-a-time.

@jody.albritton @slagle

(Sam Goldsmith) #10

I’m so annoyed with myself. Looks like I’m in the hands of support.

(Robin) #11

I wouldn’t worry too much… support are usually top notch on things like this… it’ll be an easy fix for them.

(Sam Goldsmith) #12

That’s good to hear. Thanks for trying anyway! All very new to this, but enjoying it immensely.

:joy: lesson learned today.

Wonder why you guys don’t see it. UK version perhaps.

It should be easy for them to add it back.

(Sam Goldsmith) #14

I was doing so well adding my own device handlers and smart apps, I had to f**k up at some point I guess :man_shrugging:t3: :joy:

We’ve all been there. We all have to learn something the hard way.

(Robin) #16

We have completely different marketplaces when it comes to device options… so probably some variances with smartapps also, though I’m surprised such a key feature would be missing???

(Sam Goldsmith) #17

Is it not just missing because I deleted it? Or would that not affect the marketplace?

You would think that at least the Core (no pun intended) SmartApps would be in both Marketplaces.

(Robin) #19

Wouldn’t effect the market place.

It’s missing for Robin as well.