Able to add Hue Bridge, but no lights added/found

I was managing my Hue lights via Alexa + Stringify, but am finally getting around to pulling them into SmartThings.

I removed my bridge, skill and lights from Alexa…then went to add my Hue Bridge in SmartThings. I was able to add the bridge with no issues, but after 24 hours, no lights have been added to my device list. I see the bridge, and it shows online in the IDE, but no lights.

I searched, and found something similar from 2015…hoping someone may have some ideas about how to force discovery of the individual lights.

Thanks!

And 2016 through 2020 :sunglasses:

Yes, it happens to some users. There are so many things to try which may or may not resolve the issue.

First - how did you connect them to ST? There are two options - with or without the hub?

Try rebooting everything - hue bridge, ST hub and your router. Are hue bridge and ST hub on the same subnet?

Does the hue bridge and ST hub have an assigned ip#?

Ok, this will sound strange… install the Classic app and click on Add Device and see if they appear.

Well, that’s a start for you.

1 Like

Answering all questions in case it helps someone in the future - really appreciate the response!

First - how did you connect them to ST? There are two options - with or without the hub?

Connected in the NEW app using the Philips Hue with SmartThings Hub option.

Try rebooting everything - hue bridge, ST hub and your router. Are hue bridge and ST hub on the same subnet?

I rebooted everything…that didn’t help at all. Bridge and Router both on the same subnet.

Does the hue bridge and ST hub have an assigned ip#?

Both the Hue Bridge and the ST Hub have assigned, reserved IPs.

Ok, this will sound strange… install the Classic app and click on Add Device and see if they appear.

Alas, THE FIX! Went into the classic app…chose add devices, and all lights showed up. Thanks for the suggestion and help!

Hello Guys, i was having the Same issue, i add the philips hue to the new Smartthings app and it add it as Hub but did not detect any light,
here is how i fix it:

i added new Device, followed the step how to add hue bridge to smart, then it see the bridge in the room but no light,
i go again to add device and i click scan nearby it detect all the lights connected to that hub.
i go back and look for new lights and they show up down the page.
Voila,