2GIG GC2 and ST Co-exist

I’ve read all of the threads about integrating 2Gig GC2 and ST and have basically decided to leave the two systems essentially separate. People seem to describe an integration process with making ST primary and GC2 secondary which is difficult and often sounds unstable. When my CG2 was installed 5 years ago it was used to take over a lot of wired sensors. There are only a few z-wave sensors, most are old wired sensors. I’m a newbe so please excuse the remedial knowledge.

What I would like to do is the following:

1. Stop paying ADC for monitoring

2. Remove my z-wave thermostat from the 2Gig and put it on my ST hub.
    How can I do that without disrupting my existing GC2 alarm system?

3. While I know dropping ADC will result in me not knowing if an alarm condition is present and loss of GC2 control remotely, can I at least easily get a signal to my ST that an alarm condition on the GC2 is present?

1. Remove my z-wave thermostat from the 2Gig and put it on my ST hub.
    How can I do that without disrupting my existing GC2 alarm system?

Assuming ST (likely) supports your thermostat then no problem. Like any other Z-wave product you just need to put the 2Gig into Remove/Exclude mode and then follow your thermostat’s Exclusion step(s). Then go add a Thing in the ST app and follow Inclusion steps on the stat. ST hub will now own the stat.

1. While I know dropping ADC will result in me not knowing if an alarm condition is present and loss of GC2 control remotely, can I at least easily get a signal to my ST that an alarm condition on the GC2 is present?

This has already been covered in previous 2Gig threads pretty much ad nauseum. There is no easy, reliable way to tie the GC2 alarm states to (or from) the ST hub’s alarm state. There IS an Open Collector terminal on the GC2 that you could attach to a MIMOlite or similar “dry contact” Z-wave device that the ST hub could monitor open or closed. I have tried MIMOlite and could not get it to work reliably.

1 Like