I’ve recently installed a bunch of the new 14291 GE Switches and I’m having an odd behavior that makes me wonder if SmartThings compatibility has some bugs.
- Raw Description: zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:4952 model:3036 ver:5.20 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,56,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,2C,2B,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700
- When the hub is rebooted all interactions through SmartThings app work properly. Status stay correct throughout the SmartThings app and the “Recently” tab shows on and off events.
- As soon as a switch is manually operated, the status in SmartThings becomes hung on the old status prior to the physical button press. Once this happens even changing the status in the app only temporarily changes the status, changing screens reports the device is actually still in the previous state. The “Recently” tab also stop showing any new status changes. All of this behavior persists until the hub is rebooted or the device is removed and added.
- When the switch is manually pushed on or off to cause the problem there are no corresponding events in the IDE “Live Logging”
- A zwave repair has no affect nor does resetting the breaker of the switch.
- I don’t think it is a range problem since I have the older 12722s in the same gang boxes and all of them work flawlessly. Also the 14291s always respond to physical presses as well as wireless commands, there are never lost commands or delays, only the reported status in SmartThings is affected.
- Followed all of the advice I could find on the forums for similar sounding problems with no luck.
I’d love to hear if anyone else has had this problem or if it is just me. Any more diagnostics I could perform? Maybe I just need to box all of these up and return them (UGH!).