ZWave Remote and SmartThings

(Jeff DeWolfe) #1

Hi All- I was wondering if anyone has bought one of the GE/Jasco ZWave remotes? I purchased one because I know my g/f doesn’t always want to open the SmartThings app to turn on/off the lights in the living room. Can you pair the remote with the switches when they are already connected to SmartThings? I am having trouble doing so. Just curious if anyone else has had any luck. Thanks!!

(Andrew Urman) #2

@chevyman142000 check out this thread. We’ve had some success with a different type of button.

But check out that thread and see if it helps :slight_smile:

http://build.smartthings.com/forums/topic/zwave-slaves-real-virtual-devices/

(Jeff DeWolfe) #3

Which thread @urman? :slight_smile:

(Jeff DeWolfe) #4

Nevermind, I found them. I was able to get the remote (GE 45601) added to SmartThings. Just no luck getting any of the devices to turn on/off yet. I’ll keep fumbling around and keep you posted on my status. One other question, can I also add my zwave thermostat to the remote and still have it work with SmartThings?

Thanks!

(Andrew Urman) #5

You should be able to. You would have to remove the thermostat, pair the remote to the SmartThings hub, then pair the thermostat to the remote.

(Jeff DeWolfe) #6

I’m confused…sorry man. Taking the steps you posted, wouldn’t that remove the Thermostat from SmartThings and only have it being controlled by the remote? I tried these steps for one of the switches too and it only works with the remote then. Let me know if you have a few min to chat about this maybe on the irc channel? I’m in there now.

(Jeff DeWolfe) #7

Never mind dude, I was able to get it all working. I reset the remote and started over from scratch and it worked right away! I even have my thermostat connected to it. Wish it would display the temp on the remote though! Thanks!!