ZWave Lock - Should manual locking/unlocking fire an event?

I’m having the same issue constantly. I’ve been told to keep running the zwave repair but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Weekly I have to push the reset button on the back of the hub. I let the unit sit untouched for 5-10 minutes and everything works again for 4-7 days.

Remove the device from the ST app, then do a general exclude from the app and tap the button on the 910. Rejoin it. Leave the hub where you want it to sit, don’t drag it over to it unless it’s a long ways off, in which case you should have another device to repeat, has to support beaming for the lock to include into the network.

Mine did this at first, a few removal, re-add’s and it worked fine. Still never reports battery life more than once a week or so though. But I can live with that.

This isn’t quite right. The lock has to do a secure handshake directly with the hub when it joins. If not, it may join and not be secure. To do that, the hub has to be physically close to the lock, by moving one or the other. After it has been included in the z-wave network, it will need a good mesh in place to be able to talk to the hub routinely.

Ah good to know, sorry for the misinformation. I know mine failed twice while right next to it, once I put it “home” it paired perfectly and I had no issues, there were two Z-Wave outlets right next to the lock so figured it was talking to them.

Is there a way to see how Z-Wave or even ZigBee devices communicate among themselves?

I know that when I added mine the second time, I had the hub close. I also had a laptop with either live logging running or hub logging, or both. I was able to see the fact of a secure handshake when it was added. Adding other z-wave devices shows something in the logs too, but not the secure handshake.

What’s hub logging? I’m tempted to exclude and include a few devices just to see the messages, I think I may have seen something when I was doing my enerwave relay modules but can’t really recall.

The way I get the hub logging takes a couple of steps, and a bookmark. When you do a z-wave network repair, there is a link offered to see the logs for the repair. Click on that link, then clear the Name Filter field so that is blank. Bookmark that page. Whenever you open it, you will need to clear the Name Filter field. That page shows all of the hub log entries, and z-wave add shows up there.

1 Like

Awesome! Just yank this “&nameFilter=zwNwkRepair” off the url and rebookmark, save a step. My wife is going to see even less of me, the number of hours I spend watching live logging is absurd!