Zwave device not working.(2024)

all the devices that I add old and new or equal to devices present and functioning in the system, connect but do not work. at first I thought it was a problem with some low cost device, now that the fibaro sensors don’t work. so I think it’s a hub problem, but I don’t know what to do anymore.

try:

• rebooting your hub from the Advanced Web App
  • run z-wave repair
  • look to see what info displays for hub and devices in the Advanced Web App

that is a good approach to get started.

which hub do you have?

1 Like

Yes, I had already followed the steps you listed, I understood that it is a general problem, every device that is added does not work. of any type or manufacturer.
(aeotec V3)

next: try powering off your devices or removing batteries and putting them back. Had you added any devices when the problem started? Maybe remove those devices / run z-wave repair / check status of devices still connected.

I already tried this step, it all happened at 2 am on Friday (I saw the latest update) all the zwave devices no longer worked, another problem I noticed, that every device I add doesn’t work. of any kind or brand. also sister devices that are currently working. thanks for your help. It’s really unpleasant to have these problems.

what update are you referring to?

I meant device history, last detected event.

all the devices that I add old and new or equal to devices present and functioning in the system, connect but do not work. at first I thought it was a problem with some low cost device, now that the fibaro sensors don’t work. so I think it’s a hub problem, but I don’t know what to do anymore.

Theoretically, is it possible to add a second hub with the same account? because then I would try with a second hub to see if they work with the second hub.

Yes you can have multiple hubs at a single location. I have a old V2 hub and new SmartThings Station at one of my locations.

1 Like

Can the devices inside the 2 hubs work together? meaning can they be combined into routines? do I have to set different channels?

Yes, devices installed on 2 different hubs can be used in the same routine. But these routines will run in the cloud, not locally.

4 Likes

hi, I put the second hub (V3), the zigbee devices that were giving me problems are connecting, but the problem with the zwave devices continues, in the old hub they are detected as usual but they don’t work, in the second new hub, they don’t come at all detected. what can it be?

How did you do this? Did you move all of your Zigbee devices to this hub? Did you move your Z-Wave devices as well? The Z-Wave devices would have to be excluded first, or they won’t pair again to the new hub!

I installed the new hub, I dissociated the z wave devices from the old hub and tried to install them on the new hub. on the new hub they are not even detected.
for the zigbee devices, I installed all the devices that didn’t work on the old one on the new hub, and they work fine.

Did you exclude each Z-Wave device from the old hub? If not, then you need to exclude each one before you add them back to the new hub, or they won’t be seen. Open your hub in the SmartThings app, tap the three dots in the upper right corner, go to settings, then Z-Wave utilities, and select Z-Wave exclusion. Afterward, you have to put the device in exclusion mode. You have to do this for each and every device, and then the devices will add back correctly. You can also factory reset the device, although some of the older devices don’t have this function. Start with the devices closest to the hub and work outward so you rebuild the Z-Wave mesh in a star pattern.

This can be done from the new hub, you don’t have exclude them from the old one.

yes I had excluded all the devices, the new hub does not detect them, the old one detects them but they don’t work. I placed the motion sensor (Fibaro’s Eye) as close as possible to the Hubs. but nothing.

Have you tried factory resetting the Fibaro Eye? Have you attempted pairing other devices? None of them are pairing with the new hub? That’s very odd, especially for a new hub. What do you see in the My.smartthings.com/advanced for the hub under Z-Wave,

1 Like

followed this procedure, the first eye is gone:
Press and hold B button. Light turns purple… keep holding light turns yellow.
Release the B button when yellow. Then press one more time. Wait 2 sec.
Press B button one more time.
Remove battery.
Refit battery.

Place hub in search mode (scan nearby).
Press B button 3 times. Blue light comes on.
Place the sensor directly on the hub.

I’ll update you for the other products (Z Wave socket and water leak sensor)

updates, the motion sensors are connected, the flooding sensor is, I got stuck on the sockets, I did the reset procedure here too, but as usual on the old hub, I see them but they don’t work for me, on the new one they don’t come detected, it gives me the feeling as if there was no driver in the new hub.