ZigBee Hue White Bulbs--need device type for direct hub connection

Does anyone have a custom device type to handle Hue White bulbs that are directly connected?
I have tried the Enhanced Zigbee Hue Bulb, and the built in Zigbee Hue Bulb device types.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

I’m not sure if it will work for the Hue White bulbs, but this is the only community hue dth I can remember seeing around here:

I actually tested this one last night.
It does not work.

Hmmm, I was going to say contact support, but it looks like the only “official” integration is by connecting through the hue hub(which I would also recommend as it’s more reliable than ST)

It is more reliable to connect the Hue bulbs to the hub, and then connect the Hue Hub to SmartThings so I can control the bulbs with the rest of my Devices?
That seems counterintuitive, it adds an additional device in the chain which can add delay, or fail… Instead of just having ST control the bulbs directly.

Try this. The problem is most likely that the zigbee framework isn’t pulling the endpoint properly, so you need to hardcode the endpoint in the zigbee commands. I still haven’t figured out why this happens to some people and not others, but I’ve seen it come up for Hue White bulbs.

Let me know if you need help accomplishing this.

2 Likes