Zigbee 3.0 In-Wall Receptacle with Repeater 2024

It’s April 2024. I am looking for a Zigbee 3.0 In-Wall receptacle (1-gang, duplex, NEMA 5-15, USA, UL/ETL certified) that I can use as a repeater in my installation and get rid of some wall-warty Zigbee smart plugs that are hanging off of the current dumb receptacles. The key criteria is compatibility with SmartThings (Aeotec Hub v3) with good ability to repeat all commands to strengthen the Zigbee network. Other features like power monitoring are not that important. In the United States so it has to be available in the United States.

A lot of these devices have come and gone over the years. After looking around I narrowed things down to the Xenon In-Wall Outlet pair of devices, SM-PW801-U2Z, SM-PW801-U1Z. Apparently legrand introduced a “netatmo” Smart Outlet, WNRR15WH etc., but reports suggest that it does not repeat Zigbee packets reliably.

Somebody posted about them: Prakriti Smart zigbee dual wall outlet Edge driver?

The SM-PW801-U1Z appears to be hard to find in-stock in the US, so any tips would be good.

That was me and these devices are not that good. They work and all, but plugs do not stay in the socket because of poor design. If the glass plate and plastic cover weren’t so thick, then perhaps these would be ok.

I’m getting rid of my two as soon as Inovelli get these to market:

3 Likes

Leviton makes a nice Zigbee 3.0 model in their Lumina line, but the problem is they’re mostly sold to commercial installers and they’re hard to find for individual retail sale.

Knight Audio and Lighting is a commercial installation service which is also willing to sell individual pieces online. They have it, but the price is pretty high.

Other than that, you’d have to look around for a source.

Jasco also made one for their enbrighten line, but it doesn’t seem to have been successful for them, and pretty much everybody, including Amazon and the Jasco website, show it as out of stock and not sure if it will be restocked. Model 43102. You could check with Jasco and see if they expect to make any more. :thinking:

A friend of mine who is a contractor says he has had good luck at his local Home Depot getting them to order Leviton devices which are not normally carried in store since they do carry a lot of Leviton, but, then, he’s a contractor and I don’t know if that makes a difference. Wouldn’t hurt to ask. :sunglasses:

I also have a few of these, including the outdoor version, and they are not the most stable device. I find that I have to power cycle them 2 or 3 times a year. These will also be replaced.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have one of the GE/Jasco Model 43102 outlets in the laundry room. It’s in a spot where I’ve never actually plugged anything into it.

It’s been there for a couple of years and is just there as a repeater to support a Zigbee leak sensor under the washing machine that wasn’t reachable otherwise. Never had a lick of trouble with it in that limited use situation.

3 Likes

Thanks.

So, the Xenon (Prakriti Smart) receptacles are out, which also eliminates the rebadged versions such as Screen Innovations.

The Inovelli is interesting, if it ever gets to market. However, it does not solve my problem right now. The roadmap says November 2024.

I will see about sourcing a couple of the Leviton ZSTLR-1HW receptacles. The price is high, but it is marketed right.

3 Likes

Yeah, mine are in constant use, especially a couple older ones, which are more problematic.

1 Like