Z-Wave Repair Not Working

I’m attempting to run a Z-Wave Repair on my network as I have a newly added Kwikset 910 that seems to sometimes be connected and sometimes not. It’s not really that far from the hub, but there’s some interference in between, so I moved a Z-wave outlet nearer that the hub sees fine as a step into troubleshooting things. Since that still wasn’t working, I attempted to run a repair.

However, when I run the repair, I get the following:

26 Mar 2014 19:24:23
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [0B]: Failed to update mesh info
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [0A]: Failed to update mesh info
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [09]: Failed to update mesh info
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [04]: Failed to update mesh info
26 Mar 2014 19:24:22
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [03]: Failed to update mesh info
26 Mar 2014 19:24:22
moments ago HUB zwNwkRepair failure Network repair for [xxxx] [02]: Failed to update mesh info

Where the [xxxx]s are my device names. I haven’t seen anything in any of my online searches to help in this respect. The devices are otherwise working normally (other than the Kwikset door lock)

My hub firmware is 011.00231.

Anyone running into this issue?

Thanks!

This was resolved by multiple reboots.

I’m getting this EXACT same thing. For days, about 4 of my devices have not been responding. Today I initiated a network repair and the logs show those same devices saying "Network repair for {DEVICE}; Failed to update mesh info.

Palamangelus, are you saying that rebooting the hub several times fixed it? I’ve tried a couple of reboots… but can’t figure out why it should take several reboots. How many did it take?

@joshg

I suggest running repair multiple times. I have 60 devices and the last time I added four devices it seemed to knock out other devices from the mesh.
It took about six repairs before all was resolved.

It seems repair can give up or time out before completing but return with a repair complete statement. Thus you think it repaired what it can, but instead it gave up. However, each subsequent repair seems to get further through the repair.

Also check logs because you may get more information than just filtered by zwNwkRepair.

It seems rebooting the hub polls each device and may update mesh also. However, I find multiple repairs resolves mesh issues better than multiple reboots. I agree that sometimes some things just don’t get fixed without a reboot.

I also agree with others that the network resolves itself over time. However, as you add more and more devices, it seems to take longer and longer.

These suggestions come from my observations of logs and NO specific knowledge of what the code is doing. Your installation may have different issues.

Ditto on the problem, no idea on the solution.

I get a slew of “Failed to update mesh info” and “Failed to update route” messages, including for a slew of weird hex-named (e.g. “0F”) phantom devices that don’t actually exist on the network.

My current theory is that the SmartThings hub is a total, raging piece of crap, and while there is ample evidence to support this hypothesis, I’m not sure what plan of action it suggests…

1 Like

Hey guys, apologies for not commenting when you had your issues @joshg.

Ultimately I had the issue a couple of additional times, pulled out the zwave card and replaced it with a new one and have not had the issue since. I’m fairly certain it was just a bad zwave card even though it was able to connect a few times.

@david_daniel_cox - that wouldn’t really explain your phantom devices of course, but that definitely was a resolution to my kwikset lock.

Ugh, I already had to have them replace one DoA hub with a bad Z-wave card… is the hardware really so error-prone? This would seem to speak to deep design flaws.

I have the same problem with EcoNet Water valve. How can we resolve this?