Z-Wave Outlet okay to use with a fridge?

I have some LED lighting under my cabinets that are plugged into the same outlet that my refrigerator is plugged into. https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Z-Wave-15-Amp-120-Volt-White-Wireless-Duplex-Electrical-Outlet/50329997 Will that Z wave outlet work efficiently and most importantly SAFELY with powering my fridge? I tried to use some z wave toggles but they just made the LEDs flicker. So thinking I need to actually switch out the outlet. thanks.

Top outlet is just a normal outlet. Check your refrigerator for current requirements - if a 15 amp outlet is adequate, you should be good to go.
ZWave switched devices on the bottom outlet should be fine. Just don’t plug your refrigerator in the wrong outlet.

Okay thank you. So the two outlets aren’t the same? You said the top is a normal outlet, then what is the bottom? Just want to make sure I am doing this safely. I appreciate your help.

Read the product description you linked. Every ZWave outlet I have seen has been divided this way; one normal outlet and one switched outlet.

Oh interesting, I always figured both outlets had smart capability. Seems odd that they limit it to one outlet. But I guess, in my case, that’s exactly what I need. Thanks. I should read more closely lol I’ll verify the amps tomorrow. I am assuming that would be on the back of the fridge.