Z-Wave Issues (US) (6 Feb 2024)

Has anyone else’s ST Z-Wave network taken a dump this evening? At some point about 4 or 5pm CST my Z-Wave devices are not responding to commands from the SmartThings app, Routines or SharpTools. Occasionally I’ll get a command action after a long period of time.

I’ve rebooted my ST hub. Z-Wave radio reports it’s good. Said devices are not reporting offline. I can manually hit a Z-Wave device and eventually it will update in the app … sometimes.

Very strange as some of this should be local.

Everything Zigbee appears okay.

Same boat. Routines not running automatically, but pressing a button for the routine does work. Simple triggers like door open - turn on lights are delayed, but… I’m used to delays with SmartThings over the last 6 months. Moving 98 devices to Hubitat sounds painful, but I’m sure SmartThings is going to push me there…

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: More reliable Relay to replace Aeotec zwave?

My zwave issues started a couple months ago. Device constantly going online/offline. I ditched ST and moved my zwave devices over to HomeAssistant and a Zooz USB stick. So far, I really like it. Inclusion was so much better and being able to access all of the configs and attributes is a huge plus. Wich I had gone this route to start with on Zwave.

3 Likes

All helpful but can you take to another thread please.

To the subject of this thread, my issues have continued. Zigbee is fine but everything Z-Wave is either non-responsive or extremely slow (like ten mins or so).

I appreciate the comments from folks about moving to other platforms but again, that doesn’t help here.

3 Likes

Done. :sunglasses:

New thread created:

More reliable Relay to replace Aeotec zwave?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Using ST hubs after moving zwave to another platform?

In true SmartThings form, just before midnight last night all my Z-Wave devices started functioning as normal :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes

Zigbee :metal: Zigbee :metal: Zigbee :metal:

LOL, just kidding, sorry…

2 Likes

And the issue is back again.

None of my routines kicked off last night and now all of my GE and Leviton Z-Wave switches and plugs are offiline. I have been able to delete and re-add one or two but really dont want to go through that for all the remaining 20 or so.

Anyone else seeing sinmilar issues?