Z-wave Eaton Switch

I put the hub right underneath the switch, maybe 4 feet away. When I click z-wave exclusion and do the tap pattern (hit the RF button once) I get a red ! and it says No devices were deleted. My Zigbee secure mode is on, I have no idea if that would matter.

I have a bunch of Eaton switches and plugs that I bought for $10 each on clearance at Lowes. To exclude them put hub into exclusion mode via the mobile app. Then just keep turning the switch on and off until it excludes.

I usually end up with 2 or 3 exclusions using that method.

1 Like

I was able to exclude the Eaton switch with no problems. My problem now is there is no QR code sticker on the switch and I don’t see anything stamped or on the stickers that would be a DSK. It came installed and with no paperwork. I have the manual, but that doesn’t help. Is there any way to find an acceptable QR code or DSK number? Thanks

When I initially excluded it, it was 17 exclusions before the check mark. After 2nd failed try as generic z-wave it was in the 60s and was still going so I quit.

I would do scan nearby and let it fail S2 security. They will see still be usable and probably they will be as secure as your ZigBee devices are.

Make sure you have a Edge Driver installed on your hub with their fingerprints.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I got it!!

1 Like

What Edge drive did you use?

I am using @Mariano_Colmenarejo 's “Z-Wave switch and Child Mc” driver.

3 Likes

I just gave up on the thing. My GE fried yesterday apparently. I finally got it to delete (which you can’t do from the exclusion screen, so I don’t know why that’s even an option — you have to do it from the Devices page). Then tried to add the Eaton. Got the “it’s not the most recent security. Delete and add again” pop-up. So I deleted it, and tried to add back about 5 times (including factory resets and rebooting Smartthings hub). Gave up and it’s going back to Lowe’s. Getting an UltraPro from Amazon which looks exactly like the GE which is apparently no longer available.

I’ll add that the dang porch lights wouldn’t come on with the Eaton, either, the one time it did connect.

Ultra pro, GE, Enbrighten, and Homeseer zwave switches are all made by Jasco. They are similar, but with slightly different features. If you want the one most like the GE, it will be the enbrighten.

https://ezzwave.com/products/dimmers

Shop around, because prices can vary a lot.

1 Like