Yale Conexis l1

Hi

Thanks for replying- yeah huh is around 1 foot from lock.

I can’t get it to show at all - have searched in both lock types neither
works.

So the three clicks doesn’t have to be super fast? I assume you put zwave
in insert batteries wait for noise then click x 3

correct, and the clicks don’t have to be that rapid either.

It flashes blue then it makes two loads tunes I click 3 times and get beep
nothing happens after that?

Thank you everyone who has shared their knowledge and experiences with this device and others, I can not abide by people hoarding their knowledge for profit and asking for a “subscription fee” for help and support for fellow community members. As everyone knows, if you share knowledge people share with you. This doesn’t just translate to experience gained through forums and communities, but real life too. It makes me sick to see people sharing photos and videos of themselves with the stacks of cash they’ve fleeced from people by selling their knowledge for profit, knowledge gained through the very same forums they blatantly advertise on. That vain fool can keep his secrets!

Thanks to the valued members of this forum, I am now ready to make the move to a smart door lock myself. Confident that I can install and connect it perfectly.

1 Like

So I wanted to give you guys an update on how my install went and the procedures I followed to get up and running. The first day didn’t go so well despite all the great advice I found here. But the second day went really well!
After finding a way to get my smartthings hub closer to the lock itself I began the install process again and here’s what I found.

Step 1. Remove batteries from the lock.
Step 2. Insert Z Wave module.
Step 3. Insert batteries and wait for the lights and beeps to confirm the lock is booted up.
Step 4. Lift the handle and press ‘R’ (this performs a local reset on the lock, but not a full factory reset)
Step 5. Open Smartthings, press the three lines in the top left to open the menu.
Step 6. Press the ‘hub is online’ green dot.
Step 7. Hit Z Wave Utilities.
Step 8. Hit General Device exclusion (to make doubly sure the module has no previous pairing)
Step 9. Hit Remove.
Step 10. While the hub waits for a Z Wave device to signal it, hold the hub close to the lock and hit ‘R’ rapidly 3 times within 1.5 seconds between the first and last click. If successful you sure hear a beep never heard before together with an on screen confirmation that 1 device was removed.
Step 11. Hit cancel, go back to the my home menu where all of your current devices live and hit the plus icon top right.
Step 12. Hold the hub close to the module again and hit the ‘R’ button 3 times at the same speed. You should hear the tuneful beeps again and with any luck it should show in Smartthings. Rename the device and you’re good to go!

I’m now able to lock and unlock the door from my phone at the touch of a button, no silly phone twisting. Just set up two routines that include a lock and unlock instruction and add them as widgets to your home screen.

You can also add the lock to the list of available devices to IFTTT under the smart apps menu. You can then set up a scenario where you can say to Alexa “trigger Mr Meeseeks” for example and have Alexa open the lock. Alexa can’t do this directly for security reasons. But adding an obscure phrase as your ifttt recipe name should avoid would be burglars shouting through the letterbox.

Oh and you’re welcome guys, no charge haha

3 Likes

Might be of interest to you guys

I now have the Yale Conexis L1 Smart lock.

I got the Yale module for it and started to play around with what could be done with it through the smart alarm platform instead of zwave.

It can only unlock the door.

If the five point lock is engaged the door will re-lock itself after about 30 seconds
At no point the state of the lock sent to the smart alarm. (so very annoyed by this)
I’ve hurriedly made an unlocking device handler for it but i think i am going to try the Zwave handler and see what it can do.

I have done some stuff on the smart alarm here too if its of interest

For those interested it looks like the Conexis L1 is now zwave cerified and yale have a new module called ‘zwave module 2’ 'have a look here;

Cant find it for sale anywhere yet it also looks to be compatible with the Keyfree connected and Keyless locks according to the manual…

For those who has successfully sync the Conxis L1 to SmartThings, does anyone using ST US version? I am thinking to get one from Amazon UK to ship to the US. The ST I am using is the US v2 version. Thanks!

Hi all looking for some advice.

I have the Yale conexis Lock and managed to pair it with smart things, however I cannot get Alexa to play ball, I can set a routine such as wash the windows and Alexa will play ball until I actually tell SmartThings that wash the windows means unlock the door.

I know there is a work around I’m just dammed if I can find it. As soon as set the locks to unlock she won’t play ball. It’s driving me insane. Can anyone help me?

Direct connection from Alexa to any device considered a security device is not permitted. The work around is having IFTTT as a middleman. IF (Alexa) you say “trigger open sesame” then (Smartthings) unlock door. Same goes for Google Home. However with Google Home you can set a verbal response to confirm it understood. Before you do all of this you must allow IFTTT access to these devices in the Smartthings app. Under automation>smartapps>IFTTT

That’s steve I’ve managed to set it up via ifttt no sooner had I posted this and I came across ifttt. It’s drove me and my partner mental all night. Set it as a really obscure named command just incase anyone shouts through my letterbox.

Yeah always wise haha. At least the info is there for future users :wink:. An added level of anti letterbox hackery is to change the wake word. Any in earshot could instead be called Echo or Computer.

Thanks for the info… it all works now… I can now lock and unlock my conixes l1 lock with smartthings and can lock using Alexa. I can olso unlock but had to install IFTT app…

Congrats @stephen_hastewell

I assume to remotely lock you must have already engaged the multipoint locking by lifting the handle?

What is the battery life like when using the Z-Wave module?

Yale have stated that the Z-Wave Module 2 (which I believe adds encryption) will be available within two weeks.
https://www.yalestore.co.uk/z-wave-module-2.html

You’re right yes. Unlike the other night latch style locks, you have to lift the handle manually to unlock. Which itself automatically locks the door.

Battery life wise, I installed in October and changed the batteries this week. That is with the z wave module installed for the locks full life and daily use. I’m hoping this set will last longer with less messing and testing.

Hi Everybody.

I’ve just fitted two of these locks, but the Status showing using Smart Locks in my SM is not working properly.

I have both door locked but showing unlocked via the app.

Could anyone help?

Sorry forgot to mention both locks have Z modules and lock/unlock working well from the app.

But it doesn’t show the current state? I’ve read this somewhere else too. I think it might be normal I’m afraid. I’m hoping the Z-Wave Module 2 show’s the status.

It does shows unknown… But is only when is away mode.

Got back home and now showing correct status.

Do you anything about battery life with the new z wave module 2 ?

I’ve just refreshed the yalestore page and it now shows as in stock. I’ve ordered it so I’ll let you know.