Xfinity Door/Windows Sensor work with Smartthings (XHS2-SE)

Just wanted to let everyone know the Xfinity/comcast door sensors work with ST. The model im using is XHS2-SE from Sercomm Corp.

To rest the sensor and pair it to ST, do the following:

1. Remove battery
  2. Push down the switch on top and insert the battery, after the light turns on, release the button
  3. You should see a new device called “Thing”
  4. After you have added it, head to IDE and go to “My devices”
  5. Select the Device we just paired and hit edit.
  6. Under “Type” Select Tyco Door/windows Sensor

In the ST app you should see the door sensor. Hit refresh on the device and it should work.

Battery,Temp and Open/Close all work!

3 Likes

Hi my name is kaleb and i have the same sensor the XHS2-SE and when I separate the sensor and the magnet to simulate a Open condition it still says closed and i have refreshed too?

Hi George,

First of all, thanks for this as I have been trying to figure this out for some time and it is going to save me $$ switching away from Comcast. I have recognized the device and everything is working other than the open/close… it is constantly in an open state. Any ideas?

Best Regards

Hi There,
That happened to me a few times. Forgetting the device then rebooting the
hub helped me. Couldn’t hurt to yank the battery outs as well. I did have
one sensor that worked with comcast but just didnt want to pair with ST. So
far, everything has been working on my end without issue.

Hope that helps

I’m seeing the same issue as Marcus is. It pairs, but always indicates “open”. I have forgot the device several times and rebooted the ST hub to no avail. Any suggestions? In the meantime I’m going to try it with the other door sensors I have.

EDIT:

I set up a second and disconnected and connected the first. Now the first one works and the second always says “open”. I will have to keep resetting the second until it works I guess … so weird.

I know this is a little old but hoping someone would reply. How do you pair it the brand is not in the supported list.

After it has been paird with ST, you login to the dev portal and assign it to the Tyco device driver.

After working perfectly for 5 months, all 3 of my Comcast door sensors stopped working one after the other within a few weeks of each other. I first thought that it was a battery, but I tested the battery and even put a new one in. Still ST keeps returning a device not available (no connection or activity). I tried to remove the device and set it up again, but ST doesn’t even see it anymore. So, the only thing I can think of is that the devices failed (they were probably cheap crap to begin with). Honestly unless it’s not worth salvaging. Go with the

Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Temperature Sensor 2.4ghz ZigBee - Now Works Natively with Samsung SmartThings Hub

On amazon they are 19 (I got mine on a deal from amazon when they were 12 each). You don’t save enough to warrant the aggravation of trying to reuse Comcast’s junk.

I use these as well. They work nicely.

were you able to get the comcast camera to work with smartthings?

Is anyone able to connect Xfinity motion sensor to Smartthings hub? I’m able to connect door sensors but no luck with motion sensor.

I want to let everyone know that these sensors do NOT work with the latest SmartThings (version 3), the latest Android app and any of the Xfinity sensors issued 2017 and on. I tried three different sensors and the motion sensor and SmartThings won’t detect them at all (yes, I did the battery removal thing).

If anyone can prove me wrong, I’d love to hear how you got it to work. I spent over an hour trying to get these to work

I recently turned in my Xfinity home hub and I’ve not been able to get the comcast open/close sensors to even be recognized as “things” when trying to connect them to my Smartthings hub. So I second your findings.

Looks like first post in over a year! I just moved into a new house, which had some Xfinity home sensors left by the previous owners. After resetting the door sensor, I was able to automatically add it in the new SmartThings app. Then I successfully configured in IDE (first time trying, pretty easy), and it works flawlessly (for now)!! Screenshot_20200422-203920_SmartThings|236x500

My Xfinity contract ended 5 days ago. Just got a ST hub today and now have 10 Xfinity leftover sensors fully functioning in 30 minutes setup. Add it as Z-Wave->Generic Z-Wave Device in the ST app, then from web API change the default Type from 2015 Samsung TV to Tyco Door/Window Sensor. Thanks aonavy for posting the instructions! I’ve been waiting two years of Xfinity contract time to test this out.

I just went off xfinity and was able to follow these directions to add my door and window sensors to smartthings. The key, which took me a while to figure out, is to properly factory reset each of the sensors. I’ve pasted the directions from the manual below. The sensors will blink green three times repeatedly once factory reset (at least mine did) and until paired with ST. I also found the magnet needed to be CLOSED in order to reset.

Reset to Factory Defaults & Reboot
If sensor needs to be factory defaulted (for example, to prepare it for joining with a home controller or security system).

1. Remove sensor cover.
  2. Remove the battery from sensor.
  3. Depress the tamper switch for three seconds before inserting the battery.
  4. Insert the battery. The sensor should illuminate the LED once when boot-up/initialization tasks are complete.
  5. Release the tamper switch while the LED is illuminated (it will be lit for 4 seconds). The sensor should then reset to factory default settings and begin searching for any available home controller or security system. If you need to reboot the device, remove the battery for at least 5 seconds, then re-insert the battery.
  6. Place the cover back on sensor.

Confirming that I just added XHS2-SE with V3 Hub and new app. It originally added as a Thing. In the IDE, changed Type = Tyco Window/Door Sensor. All is good. Shows open/closed, battery, and temperature.

Read all of @JENP post before starting. The first time, I help the tamper switch too long because I was still reading about releasing it during the 4 seconds that the LED is illuminated.

so, after taking the circuit board out of the plastic housing to gain access to the tamper switch on the underside and resetting with the battery/led, i got one of these to pair, but it originally joined under a quirky water sensor dh i have installed.

so, i went into the ide and changed the device type to the tyco window/door sensor and then it worked.

though now at the bottom of the device details page on the app it has a window box that says ‘water sensor’ with a slashed cloud icon. is there a way to remove this ‘residue’ window or do i have to temp uninstall the quirky water sensor dh and reinstall the xfinity device to avoid pairing as a quirky water sensor.

Not sure that I understand. First, the reset switch is accessible once the battery cover is removed. It can be seen here:

I just went through the process again recently, uh, moving them to a different hub. Interestingly, they connected as moisture sensors on Hubitat. I did not experience this when I added them to SmartThings a few months ago. Weird.

so, upon taking the sensor apart again I see that upon originally getting the sensor the inside cover was stuck inside the top cover, thus i was actually seeing the flat bottom of the circuit board. just now when i popped the top cover off it looks like the pictures in the link you attached, where the tamper is on top.

im pretty sure that quirky dh is the cause why this sensor originally paired as a quirky water sensor as the dh is roughly written.

on a side note i did notice that visonic 340 SMA (not the 340 E [already pairs]) are pairing and working.