Xfinity Door/Windows Sensor work with Smartthings (XHS2-SE)

(George) #1

Just wanted to let everyone know the Xfinity/comcast door sensors work with ST. The model im using is XHS2-SE from Sercomm Corp.

To rest the sensor and pair it to ST, do the following:

1. Remove battery
  2. Push down the switch on top and insert the battery, after the light turns on, release the button
  3. You should see a new device called “Thing”
  4. After you have added it, head to IDE and go to “My devices”
  5. Select the Device we just paired and hit edit.
  6. Under “Type” Select Tyco Door/windows Sensor

In the ST app you should see the door sensor. Hit refresh on the device and it should work.

Battery,Temp and Open/Close all work!

(Kaleb08) #2

Hi my name is kaleb and i have the same sensor the XHS2-SE and when I separate the sensor and the magnet to simulate a Open condition it still says closed and i have refreshed too?

(Marcus Wilson) #3

Hi George,

First of all, thanks for this as I have been trying to figure this out for some time and it is going to save me $$ switching away from Comcast. I have recognized the device and everything is working other than the open/close… it is constantly in an open state. Any ideas?

Best Regards

(George) #4

Hi There,
That happened to me a few times. Forgetting the device then rebooting the
hub helped me. Couldn’t hurt to yank the battery outs as well. I did have
one sensor that worked with comcast but just didnt want to pair with ST. So
far, everything has been working on my end without issue.

Hope that helps

(Gary Barker) #5

I’m seeing the same issue as Marcus is. It pairs, but always indicates “open”. I have forgot the device several times and rebooted the ST hub to no avail. Any suggestions? In the meantime I’m going to try it with the other door sensors I have.

EDIT:

I set up a second and disconnected and connected the first. Now the first one works and the second always says “open”. I will have to keep resetting the second until it works I guess … so weird.

(Cory Jones26) #6

I know this is a little old but hoping someone would reply. How do you pair it the brand is not in the supported list.

(George) #7

After it has been paird with ST, you login to the dev portal and assign it to the Tyco device driver.

(Gary Barker) #8

After working perfectly for 5 months, all 3 of my Comcast door sensors stopped working one after the other within a few weeks of each other. I first thought that it was a battery, but I tested the battery and even put a new one in. Still ST keeps returning a device not available (no connection or activity). I tried to remove the device and set it up again, but ST doesn’t even see it anymore. So, the only thing I can think of is that the devices failed (they were probably cheap crap to begin with). Honestly unless it’s not worth salvaging. Go with the

Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Temperature Sensor 2.4ghz ZigBee - Now Works Natively with Samsung SmartThings Hub

On amazon they are 19 (I got mine on a deal from amazon when they were 12 each). You don’t save enough to warrant the aggravation of trying to reuse Comcast’s junk.

(George) #9

I use these as well. They work nicely.