Xfinity Door/Windows Sensor work with Smartthings (XHS2-SE)

Taking these apart can be awkward the first few times. Today, I noticed that I accidentally reset one of my sensors as I slid the cover back on. Guess that I pressed down in the wrong spot and hit that darn switch.

Good to know about the Visonic … does it have any particular advantages?

I got the device to a state where it blinks the green light thrice, waits and does the 3 blinks in a loop…

However when I try to add this sensor in smartthings using “Generic Z wave device” - Nothing shows up. It stays in the preparing step for a long time. Did any of you get this? If so, how did you go past this stage?

Any help much appreciated.

Just got 20 of these model XHS2-UE on ebay for $80.

Since they were new I just pulled the plastic tab from the battery, waited a few seconds for the LED to blink 3X, then did Add Device | Scan Nearby in the App. After a few secs it finds a new “Thing”. Then, per the OP, I went to the API and changed the Device Type to Tyco Door/Window Sensor. As soon as I clicked Update, the device in the App changed to “Checking” so I used the magnet to close/open it and voila, all working!

Thanks to the OP and everyone for their contributions!!

I was confused by the “Generic Z-Wave Device” advice since these sensors are Zigbee??? Anyway, I just did Add Device | Scan Nearby while they were blinking 3X and they were found… Good Luck!