I liked that about wink also, it was integrated with most everything I used. My main concern at the time was is compatibility with Amazon echo. Wink had that and it was my main reason got going there.
I did like how easy the app wss to use. It was very intuitive and navigation was a breeze.
I did not like a couple of things.
- IFTTT - I do not use this. They delay that occurs is simply unacceptable for me.
- the delays with wink were not acceptable. I did not like that I told echo to turn on the kitchen lights, I had to wait five seconds. Also, the lights would turn on one at a time when done through echo. It made the entire system look cheap.
- it is expandable in ways you will not believe. If it connects to the hub it can be configured almost 100% of the time. Take for example the new lowes iris keypad. It took about a month from the time it hit the shelves until it was able to be used.
- this community! This is where things happen. Hang out a while and you’ll see what I mean.
- echo integration. In my opinion the integration is great. I control everything with echo. And because of the flexibility of ST I can still have echo do everything I want.
- the mobile app is very buggy. It crashes a lot, and I do mean a lot. It is stool very much in beta form. It’s not as intuitive as it could be, but it still dies a very good job. Due to the subversive capabilities of the platform, the app has a huge job to do. It is improving. But, the app along with the web based ide, you’re able to do what you need to do.
- system bugs and instability. At times bugs will drive you nuts and sometimes the system becomes unstable.
Overall I am very satisfied with ST. I have no regrets leaving wink. To me, it was the best choice.
Learning the system can be rather daunting. But with the help of this forum, a little time reading, and a lot of time experimenting, you will have it in no time.
If you have a technical background them you will pick it up a lot faster. My wife just started playing with the app about a week ago and she’s already very good with it. I will note, she had a technical background with formal training.
Each person’s experience is different in its own unique way. But I can and do definitely recommend the ST system to anyone that asks.