Which Mobile Browser for ActionTiles on iPad?

Hello,

I would like to use Smarttiles with a tablet such as nexus of ipad mini 1 but i could not set the full screen for both chrome of safari. Which browser you guys are using for this purpose?

Thank you

In using old nexus 7 (1st gen) with chrome and can go full screen no trouble.
That’s with ActionTiles though but should still work.
Have you turned on immersive mode?

1 Like

no i didnt. Do you have a screenshot of your setup?

For Safari. You will get full screen after you create a shortcut to home screen and open that icon.
Chrome stated above by @Steveuk23 or Firefox with full screen plugin.
Edit: chrome also gives you full screen after shortcut to home screen but only on Android.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s no real screenshot i can provide as i open action tiles in chrome add to home screen.
Then in action tiles select full screen , not sure if you have that option in smart tiles I’ve never used it.
I my version of Android if I pull down the settings from top I have a option to choose immersive mode which takes away the navigation buttons at the bottom etc

1 Like

I too just open the ActionTiles panel in Chrome and then just select “Full Screen” from the “…” menu. I then get pure full screen.

2 Likes

For Android devices, we recommend the “Fully Browser Kiosk Lockdown” App, as it can be forced to open any website in full-screen immersive mode along with many other features.

http://fully-kiosk.com

For Android and iOS, though, the “Add to Homescreen” option of Chrome and Safari works pretty consistently except for certain odd devices like Amazon Fire.

2 Likes

Is there anything similar for iOS? Using Fully on an Android and it’s great, but would like to set up an old iPad 2 somewhere else with similar functionality (auto-on, motion, etc).

Not that I’m aware of.

iOS is pretty locked down (well… I’m not ashamed to say I’m an Android snob, sorry). Do a bunch of Googling and you might have some success finding an iOS App of some sort. I’m afraid that I doubt it.

1 Like

Kiosk pro the lite version is free in app store

1 Like