What triggered this device

I have a large number of Z-Wave devices that all work fine. For the last month, I have 1 Z-Wave plug that controls a door which is randomly triggered and closes the door. I’ve checked everything I can think of. The device is triggered by a webCore Piston, but the logs reveal that it is only being opened and closed on the correct schedule.

Is there a way to find out what is triggering a device? It is triggering every few days at random times. The only thing I can think of is maybe someone is bumping the button in SmartThings and accidentally closing the door. I have checked with all users and they don’t have their phones out at the time this device is triggered.

Thoughts???

Is this Z-wave device accessible in Amazon Alexa? If so, please make sure the Alexa “Hunches” feature is disabled within the Alexa App on your mobile phone.

I’m not sure but I suppose all of the devices are available and Alexa. Although we’ve never used that feature. It’s my understanding that even if it was, Alexa would still ask permission to turn off the device and if permission isn’t granted it would do nothing. Does that sound accurate?

My understanding is that Alexa may ask you if you want to enable a hunch and if you weren’t really concentrating you might say yes thinking you were being asked about a one-off command. Instead you would have enabled an automatic action.

Something like that anyway. Alexa has form in this area. Doesn’t have to be your account either.

All I know, is that “Hunches” is the number one explanation for devices randomly changing states these days. Simply disable the Hunches feature in your Alexa mobile app’s settings, and you’ll never need to worry about it again.

And check for any Alexa routines that hunches may have created

I am currently trying to figure out how to completely sever Alexa from SmartThings. It seems there must have been a username and password associated with Alexa originally but no one seems to know what it is. Seems like it should be fairly straightforward to go into SmartThings and sever all ties to Amazon Alexa. Right now I’m just not seeing that.

Go menu tab, gear icon, pick linked service and delete Alexa.

Done. Now we’ll wait and see if it triggers over the next couple of days. Thank you.