What SmartThings app is this? Classic or the new

How you made it work , because I was talking with terry from action tile support and he told me that doesn’t support routine or scense , how you made it works?

I said ActionTiles is not yet compatible with SmartThings New App Scenes & Automations.

ActionTiles cannot directly activate a Classic App Scene either; but it can execute Classic App Routines which activates any Scene.

2 Likes

Assuming supporting the new scenes is on your road map?

Any word on being able to control the new smart home monitor? The fact it has a built-in delay is kind of nice.

New app that was just released does seem to support more automations. Like Konnected and MyQ Lite both show up now. But a major one, Alexa, doesn’t which I found really odd.

Alexa, ring, and other connect apps are under settings > connected services

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks, one less thing.

well at that rate you’re gonna have to uninstall classic too

2 Likes

I hope not, but I will wait and see.

Definitely; but implementation requires complete conformance with the New SmartThings Cloud API, so this isn’t something we can do as a simple single incremental change.

SmartThings still has not published specifications / API for interaction with Classic SHM, nor New SHM. I want to yell at someone, but that wouldn’t help. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I have both installed, for some time. I also use Google Asst. They all work together, however I view the classic app as the real controller. There are features in classic which are not in Samsung version.

1 Like

I have the new App for my Samsung washer and dryer integration. But the integration is awful…my washer doesn’t even work.

I have it also and really don’t have any problems with it. It was a little goofy to set up at first but now I get notifications when either is done with its cycle.