Trying to convince the wife to allow me to buy more Things but she sees everything as a novelty and not really that useful. I’m looking for ideas on what you guys do that make your house “better” than a stand dumb house. I know this is very subjective but in general, turning on the lights for you instead of hitting a switch is more a convenience and probably doesn’t improve your quality of life all that much. :
Something my wife would find practical, looking for others.
- Auto turning on the fan in the bathroom for a shower since that’s something you can forget and has an affect on the house.
- Automating the blinds to get sunlight in would be nice
- Alerting us when the plants need watering so they don’t die
- Telling us a door has opened when neither of us our home.
- Auto close the skylight when it starts to rain
You get the idea, things that are not so much novelty and more everyday useful or could save us money/damage.