Weather Tile

(Sonny) #1

Could someone please advise what DH or app to use for displaying UK weather, i have tried weather tile 2.0 but it doesn’t appear to work, displaying no data even after putting my post code in the zip code field.
Many Thanks
Sonny

(Mike) #2

Dont add your postcode , leave the option blank and just set your preferences for the other options, the app should use your hubs location and display info after a period of time.

Postcode will work as well as weather underground idents but sometimes info just takes a while to show

Its advisable to use pollster as well just to get the app to update at intervals

(Sonny) #3

Thank you Mike, I have put it back in & left the zip code blank.
will check up on it later to see if i have any action.
will look into using pollster also.

Thank you

(Sonny) #4

Info Greatly appreciated Mike, its working :slight_smile:

(Mike) #5

Tadaa… it may have worked ok even with your postcode but the way i descrided works for me. Weather underground stations near you can be usefull but tbh i found local ones to me lacking in one way or another

If u try and use the lux from the app to reliably control lighting dont bother, its just not accurate enough

Glad its updated for you and working :+1:

(Sonny) #6

im just too impatient , seen all those blank tiles and though oh well that doesnt work and took it straight out…lol
Noted about the lux

im really new to ST (month or so) i just see things posted and develop a desperate need for it myself…lol

(Mike) #7

We are all the same Sonny, finding solutions to things that previously didnt need solutions… its the ST drug im afraid :grin:

(Bob) #8

@sonny77
Do you realise that your email address is on show.
Just letting you know in case you do want it displayed to all on here.

(Sonny) #9

Thank you Bob Ive removed it, apologies for the delay ive just noticed this message.