anyone end up getting this working?
I also have one, that I gave up on trying to integrate. Would love to hear if anyone else has been recently successful.
Not sure if you ever figured this out, but I followed the instructions found here: http://www.orchestratedhome.com/shop/pc/manuals/Wayne-Dalton/wireless_gateway.pdf
Since I use it to link to my Jeep’s HomeLink transmitter I followed the steps on page 6. It’s a little confusing, but I’ll sum it up.
- Vehicle must be on (engine not necessary, but ignition / accessory on)
- Put the WDHA within 3 inches of the Homelink buttons in the vehicle.
- Press & hold the Homelink button you want to program until the LED flashes slowly (it may stay on steady instead)
- While still holding the button in the vehicle, press and hold the Scene 1 button (1st button) on the WDHA. You’ll be holding both buttons simultaneously, and the WDHA will still be within 3 inches of the Homelink buttons…
- The LED in the vehicle will either begin to flash quickly or turn off completely. Mine flashed quickly. May take up to 60 seconds.
- Release both buttons.
- On the WDHA press and hold the Scene button you want to use, I used the 3rd button. Hold it until the LED on the WDHA turns off, then release the button.
- Now press the button on the vehicle’s Homelink you want to program to the Scene button you chose in step 3.
- If you were successful, the LED on the WDHA will blink 3 times.
- Plug the WDHA into a wall outlet and test your Homelink button in your vehicle.
I hope this helps!
I don’t recall exactly how I got it to work with SmartThings but I think I just added it as a device in my ST app on my Android phone. It’s listed as a Z-Wave Remote. I’m pretty sure it added just like any other device or switch.
Did anyone ever get this to work?
I purchased the Wayne-Dalton device hoping to get it to work, but I got stuck as well. I can only get it to appear as a Z-wave remote, and nothing more. I would really like to get this setup as a device that my SmartApps can access.
Bumping this a bit. I grabbed one of these from eBay last week to play around with. I’m stuck at the same point, I can get it to come up as a Z-wave remote, but nothing more. Will this require a custom DH? or is there another way to get the scenes to trigger ST?
Do you still have this working?
Yes, it’s still working.
Thanks, can you help me understand how you have it implemented? I understand the connection between Homelink>WDHA-12, but how does it interact with ST (if it does at all)? Can you switch devices in ST on/off, or are you connecting directly to z-wave devices outside of ST? I’m stuck with a Remote that has no “buttons” in my list of Things, and I’m wondering if I’m approaching this the wrong way.
I am trying to pair mine but striking out. The only instructions I can find are for the WDHA-12R, which has an extra button mine does not have. I have the older WDHA-12 and it just does not want to play.
It doesn’t really interact with SmartThings, other than it is on the same Z-Wave network. You essentially link the WDHA-12 as a Z-Wave remote, and set up lighting scenes with it as the “remote.” You can’t use it like one of the other button remotes.
I made a post on how I connected HomeLink to SmartThings. Successful HomeLink Integration