Vivint devices (no Panel) and Smartthings?

All,

I recently bought a house, previous owner left some devices back, such as cameras, doorbell ring, motion sensors, CO2/smoke/heat detectors and lockers.

Most of these devices were in use with his security system (First ADT then mos recently Vivint), but he did not left the Vivint Panel.

My question is, can Smartthings control all these devices without the panel as a controller or do I need to have a controller to work as primary/secondary along with Smartthings ?

It varies by individual device, so you will need to post a list of the exact brand and model numbers before we can tell.

Thank you JDRoberts.

Here is a list of all what I have:

NEST Thermostat
Ademco Inc. Wireless Motion Sensor 8DL5800PIRRES1 - Rockwell/ADT
Apollo Fire Detectors Limited Home Security Wireless Sensor -CO3345
Apollo Fire Detectors Limited Wireless Smoke Heat Alarm -SMKT3345
Vivint. Inc. Glass Breakage Sensor -GB01
Kiwkset SmartCode Electronic Lock 450191ZWV
Vivint Doorbell Camera (same showed on their website, I know if it from Vivotek, but don’t know the exactly model)
Vivint Outdoor Camera (same showed on their website, I know if it from Vivotek, but don’t know the exactly model)

Paulo,

I’m in the process of converting over my existing Vivint system for use with my SmartThings hub.

Some of the components from my system were using zwave, such as many of my light switches, electrical outlets, front door lock, and garage door openers. All those moved over to SmartThings perfectly.

The front door bell and camera I had installed, I’ve been unable to find any way to move them over, so I’ve abandoned them and purchased 2 new devices to replace (SkyBell Trim for doorbell and Arlo Q for camera). Still in the process of installing these two.

For the wired devices, I purchased and am waiting delivery on a system from Konnected (https://konnected.io/). This will allow the existing wired devices to be wired into a new controller, that will communicate with SmartThings.

As for the wireless devices, I’m still working on understanding how they will work (I’m relatively new at this myself!). If/when I get them working, I’ll let you know and I’ll watch the thread to see if anyone else chimes in!

Good luck!
Daniel

1 Like