I recently purchased a Visonic Door/Window Sensor to use as a temperature sensor to assist in monitoring the health of my sprinkler pump. Unfortunately, I noticed that the temperature only updates at 15 minute intervals. Here are the troubleshooting steps that I’ve tried and I now I believe that it is a physical limitation of the device.
- Added a Refresh and a Wait prior to checking the temperature
- Tried many DTHs that supports this device, currently using “SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor”
- Monitored the reports in real-time. Noticed that temperature reports come in every 5 minutes but the value doesn’t change. After 15 minutes the value jumps several degrees at once.
- Modified the report configuration several times. zigbee.temperatureConfig(30, 300)
- Reset the device
- Removed and re-paired the device
- Searched and searched the message boards for any hints
15 minutes is too long to wait if my pump is overheating. I have a SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor in my fridge that reports temperature changes every 5 minutes, even if they are only one degree. I was hoping to save some money by buying the Visonic Door/Window Sensor. Am I missing something or can anyone else with this device confirm my findings. Thanks!