Vertical Slider Bar - How to adjust?

I feel like this is a really dumb question, because it is incredibly frustrating to me, yet my search shows nobody else is complaining. Must be me!

But… How on earth do I adjust and save a slider of the folding form:

This style appeared about a year ago and I have never been able to deal with it. I can change it by either moving the thermometer or tapping the arrows. But it never sticks. I thought maybe it was my tablet or phone, so I’ve tried many. No difference. It seems that there is a “DONE” button I’m missing. But where? How?

On my iPhone you drag it and it adjusts live. Then tap the X in the upper left to exit.

Thanks, Jimmy. On my various devices, the “X” leaves but it reverts to the previous setting.

Are these your own custom devices, or standard devices?

I’m down to two dimmer-type devices left on ST and they are both custom (but not mine). The one I posted was from a community driver for the OSRAM GardenSpot mini’s.

Can you post a link to the device handler code? Most likely it’s just a bug in the custom device handler.

Thanks a lot, Dan.

Here’s the github link for the GardenSpot DTH:
https://github.com/infofiend/Osram_gSpots/blob/master/devicetypes/info-fiend/osram-gardenspot-mini-rgb-aap-version.src/osram-gardenspot-mini-rgb-aap-version.groovy

Looks like a simple bug in the Device Handler code. 3 of the 4 sliders work fine, but the main LEVEL slider code was messed up.

Try replacing the setLevel() function in your DTH with the following which I modified slightly. The level value now sticks, however you’ll have to test it to see if it behaves as desired with the real device.

def setLevel(value) {
	log.trace "setLevel($value)"
	def tt = (this.device.currentValue("transitionTime") ) ?: 3.2
    Integer duration = tt * 10
    log.debug "duration = ${duration} / tt = ${tt} "

state.levelValue = (value==null) ? 100 : value
	def transitionTime = swapEndianHex(hexF(duration,4)) 
    log.debug "transitionTime = ${transitionTime} "

def cmds = []

if (value == 0) {
        sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off", isStateChange: true)
        cmds << "st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} ${endpointId} 6 0 {}"
        cmds << "delay 150"
    } else if (device.latestValue("switch") == "off") {
        sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on", isStateChange: true)
		cmds << "st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} ${endpointId} 6 1 {}"
		cmds << "delay 150"
    }

sendEvent(name: "level", value: state.levelValue, isStateChange: true)
    def scaledLevel = zigbee.convertToHexString(Math.round(state.levelValue * 0xfe / 100.0), 2)
    cmds <<  "st cmd 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} ${endpointId} 8 4 {${scaledLevel} ${transitionTime}}"

//log.debug cmds
    cmds
}

Also, looks like you might be better off just using the default DTH from ST for these lights…

Thank you, Dan. That change to setLevel did the trick, at least for that DTH. See you on the other side.

1 Like