Vacation Lighting Director

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong! I added the Vacation Lighting Director to my Automation SmartApps and defined the trigger as “AWAY” … after setting up the lights I wanted randomized, time to start, duration etc. Over the weekend I checked the My Home area to see what lights were currently on etc. It showed nothing! Checked to make sure the App was set to “AWAY” and it was. Watched it all weekend and there were no lights turned on except for a couple of lights on a different routine that were not defined in the Vacation Lighting Director application.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks…

Are you using the version from the marketplace, or the modified one in this other thread?

I use the one I modified without issue.

Thank you for the quick response. I’m using the version from the marketplace. I’ll check out the newer one.

Thanks…

I tried using the one published in the marketplace multiple times and it failed miserably. The thing just simply refused to work properly even though I know that I set it up right (it’s very simple to set up) Worse, the one time out of several attempts that it finally seemed to work, it turned on the first set of lights and left them on full blast for three days instead of turning them off at 2am that night like I configured. No matter what I just can’t win with this app and have given up on it, now I just use a combination of Smart Lighting app automation system and CoRE Pistons to accomplish the “randomness”.

I am having a similar problem. I have it set up where it turns on at Sunset until 11:30pm if in AWAY mode. It never works and when I go in notifications->activity feed it shows it becomes active at 6:29am which is when I typically leave the house to go to work. Very confused here.

You might try the one I have posted vs. the market place.

I use a couple of criteria for when to be on or not
ST Mode, with time restrictions

If you only use time restrictions, it is hard to know if you are present or not (this is what ST mode, or presence does if you add them)

I need to figure out how to do that. This whole thing is new to me.

Art S.

Below is a good place to start learning

1 Like