V2 and Samsung SmartCam - stuck on password

I’m trying to integrate V2 and an already setup Samsung Smartcam. SmartThings sees the camera, but when I try to enter a password, it keeps saying it can’t verify it. I know I’m typing in the correct password, I’ve tried several times. Anyone have an idea of what I need to do to get this to work?

One thing that confused me at first is there is a samsung cam password and an actual camera password.

I assume we use the camera password. That’s what I used. Is that what you used?

Yes. Sorry I’m not sure what else it could be.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s odd. I’ll try again, and if it doesn’t work, I’ll factory reset it and try connecting directly from ST. Thanks.

Found it. When I went into the Samsung app, I decided to change the password. I used one I use for a set of devices on my local wireless, which happens to be 9 characters long. To change the password, you re-type in current password.

What I didn’t know is Samsung only allows 8 characters. If you type more, it just silently ignores the extra. I didn’t see this until I typed in my current password, which was in plain text. I could then see, it just ignored the last char.

When I accessed the camera from the Samsung app, it ignored the extra, but it doesn’t ignore the extra character from SmartThings.

3 Likes

I.had the same issue
You can ignore the error by still.hitting next when it can’t verify.the password. And go on anyway. There seems to be some bug with.it.

1 Like

Wow Thank you for this thread. I was having the same issue until your thread save me continuous headaches.

I can’t hit “next” it only says OK or cancel? Any other way around this? I am trying on my phone and tablet?