V1.1 Hub shows all devices offline, but still functioning

My v1.1 hub shows all devices offline, but when I select the device (in the app), I can still control them. I suspect a ST server logic error that assumes local state logic, but didn’t check for older hubs that don’t have that capability.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue. Power cycling fixes it for several days usually. Email support has been useless unfortunately. So I am currently waiting for it to happen again while I am available to do phone support to see if we can sort it out.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue… most of the time in the updated app all devices show offline. Sometimes they still are controllable from within the app even if they show offline. Sometimes they don’t work. Sometimes my google home can talk to it, sometimes it doesn’t. From what I can tell this started happening around last month, after multiple years of no issues. I’ve been using the newer app for a long time, so the problem appears to be due to a recent app update, something with the cloud side, or possibly the hub going bad? The graph.api shows them offline most of the time as well.

I’ve contacted support and they wanted me to remove/rejoin all devices… I’m not going to do that. If I do that I’ll just upgrade to a new hub first.

It’s a server side change that didn’t take v1.1 hubs into consideration. I know ST plans to sunset v1.1 hubs. But I wish they gave a date for us to plan a transition instead of just letting them fail out due to neglect.

2 Likes