Use a phone's specific location for trigger for multiple locations?

I would like to be able to make various automations happen at different times based on location. For example, if I’m leaving work, adjust the thermostat to “home”. But obviously I don’t want it to open my garage door at the same time. Is there any way I can trigger different automations from different locations?

I’m using the ST Classic app, and I’ve got WebCore.

Can I set a second location with a wider radius and use that to interact with things at the first location? (For example, have “home” centered on my home with a 100m radius, and “approaching home” centered on my home with 2km radius?

Or is there a way to ask the app to poll for specific latlong? I could probably rig something up poll every five or ten minutes and adjust the scene based on GPS location.

I haven’t used it in a long time…but doesn’t webCoRE have its own Presence App for iOS and Android? I see to remember it having the flexibility of defining multiple locations which could then be used as triggers in webCoRE.

It’s been a few years since I used it, so I could be remembering wrong or things may have changed over the last 2+ years. :wink:

3 Likes

You used to be able to do this with the free Life360 app, but I don’t know if it still works.

You could definitely just set up a different app to track your location and use Ifttt to turn on a virtual present sensor, but that would be a lot more work. but you could use the IFTTT presence for example.

Or anything which can use a Webhook.

It would be better to have one app that recognizes multiple locations, but at least this is a possibility. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am following this. Would be really nice to trigger scenes/automations based on different locations than just “at home” or “away from home”.