Updates to SmartThings Community

They’re definitely trying to align it more with the smartthings.com site. More purple, bubbles, etc.

2 Likes

I think that’s consistent with now having assigned two employees to the forum.

2 Likes

It seems there is less content on the screen, but smaller font, which is an annoying combination.

2 Likes

Since they’re watching, this category bubble at the top of the topic page needs more space below it

1 Like

It seems there are people within Samsung/ST wilfully trying to get as much negative feedback as possible. Not stopping at the new app, they’ve moved onto the forum. Maybe it’s a corporate spy sabotaging them from the inside?

1 Like

What they’ve done…is awful. I now have to turn my phone landscape to see some posts fully. Using a Galaxy S8.

3 Likes

They removed the link in the header for the Support articles :frowning:

i still see it, but it goes to the developer support site instead of the general SmartThings one at support.smartthings.com

Never mind my not looking adequately! I don’t use landscape mode and when I adjusted the screen, I see that menu now. They need to add it to non-landscape view

2 Likes

Wholly cow, I like the “Classic” community look better, but I understand some of the changes perhaps (not). Please please please go back to a single line per topic vs the 3 lines now?!

You can fit a dozen topics in the space allocated for just these three!

3 Likes

All this white, white everywhere, so much empty screen real estate. Don’t you have a focus group? Why do you insist testing on the public, on the fly? It’s not very professional.

new app icons have arrived

2 Likes

Yea, those were the icons I was mentioning! I really like them. Maybe not their placement (title, then icon aligned with descrip?), but I definitely like them.

2 Likes

I was following this discussion with interest, since I hadn’t seen anything new yet…then I accidentally clicked away from the forum following a link and the new style reloaded when I came back. My other computer still looks normal so maybe I can keep it that way if I’m careful. Given how quickly things are updating (as if someone’s just tweaking the live settings on the fly instead of in a sandbox) I think I’ll just go away for a few days and hope things are straightened out by the time I come back…

2 Likes

I don’t mind the UI changes since that’s always a matter of opinion. but the smaller font and extra white space certainly make it harder/slower to read. Either way, they could make it look like MS-DOS and i’d still visit :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hoping this new Community UI is just temporary. All this wasted whitespace is very annoying.

7 Likes

They are trying to make the forum look as much like the new app as possible, wasted empty space is a part of their design philosophy.

The alternating gray and white rows are OK, but the problem for me is that the font is not as dark/sharp and on the gray background rows is hard on the eyes. Also, the gray category bubbles with white text are very hard to read.

If anyone from ST is reading please at least sharpen or make the fonts darker so it will be easier to read. Also suggest using black text in all the gray category bubbles.

1 Like

The purple banner at the top seems inconsistent.

Looks like this for a topic:

But is a plain white text on purple background on the latest page:

Where are all the user icons in the mobile view?