Updates to SmartThings Community

Meta is now back as a top level category. :sunglasses::clap:t3:

5 Likes

Ugh, there was a momentary change to the community forum a few minutes ago. I only hope it was not a preview of what is to come. One word to describe it —> ewwww!

1 Like

A momentary? Mine loaded the same way and ruined the view on my phone. What the heck? It cannot be serious. Why to ruin everything?

Ok, reloaded the page, back to Normal.

Happened for me as well and it was awful.

On mobile it looked ghastly, pretty confident it was a mistake.

1 Like

ewww

seeing it right now

ugly

Yes, it is back. Some buttons no longer work. The thread reply button does not work but replies to individual posts does. Also, options on search does not work. Bookmark button at bottom of thread no longer works.

4 Likes

It’s broken on the browser also, the the buttons at the bottom of the page don’t work. This is a very buggy theme.

4 Likes

@blake.arnold, @Brad_ST, @jody.albritton, @SmartThings

Can someone stop this mess on the Community Forum, what was called in to OP a “redesign”? Why something what is working well has to be broken in purpose?

@SamsungZell, @erickv

1 Like

No, as you can see, it wasn’t.

It looks like someone forces a theme on the whole forum, which hasn’t got a mobile view option.

Why would anyone do anything like that? I think more and more that the person who is delaing with this has 0 - zero - experience or knowledge about Discourse, and don’t know how to test things before releasing it to public. Where is QC/QA at this time?

1 Like

You guys are going to love this. :ferris_wheel: :heartbeat: The reply button does work in voiceover in Safari. The one at the bottom of the page along with the other buttons.

However… You can’t get to them because voiceover navigation stops after it reaches the top line headings. They’ve got some kind of floating frame or something which didn’t used to be there before.

So… If you have VoiceOver turned on and you can also see the page then you can tap on the buttons at the bottom of the page and use them. But if you need voice navigation to get to those buttons you can’t get there. Or, of course, if you don’t have VoiceOver turned on they don’t work.

So there was obviously no testing done on this at all. Crazy town. :dizzy_face:

@blake.arnold

5 Likes

The font is so small on S7 I can barely read it. This is just about as awful as the new app.

SMARTTHINGS: PLEASE LEAVE THINGS ALONE THAT ARE WORKING!!

3 Likes

@blake.arnold when are you going to listen to the users again? This is insane!

1 Like

It got smaller on desktop too, bleh.

omg, just looked at the mobile version :face_vomiting:

None of these links work on mobile or desktop

1 Like

If it ain’t broke, break it … :frowning:

At least it’s following the ST pattern of doing things.

1 Like

Aaannnddddd they’re fixed

2 Likes

While I don’t necessarily like the “bubble” buttons, the amount of color and design changes are interesting, but not in a negative way.

It suddenly feels a lot less “tech-people-only”, and a lot more welcoming to people like me, who are a bit lost when it comes to all this stuff but want to learn.

If Samsung is working on making a community that looks/feels more friendly, they’re definitely making steps in the right direction. I love that it’s colorful, and I love that the icons match what’s in the newApp. I’ll be interested to see if the blue goes away (kinda hope it doesn’t! It’s a great shade of happy blue!) and what other designs may happen.

2 Likes

The buttons are working again. Yippie!

@JDRoberts any change to voice over?

1 Like

It’s better. It now goes down into the messages like it should. The buttons at the bottom of the page still work. It’s not keeping the selection point like it used to so it’s always starting with the first post instead of the last red post, which is annoying. But you can get there by using the school bar on the right so it’s not terrible if you’re already familiar with the forum. Still feeling my way around

@blake.arnold