(Updated) Efergy 2.0 (Connect)

I just pushed out an update. Sorry there were pieces left in from the personal version that run which is part of a parent child setup… I also switched over the refresh poll to use cron. It will refresh every minute instead of every 30 seconds

Works great now, thank you sir!

1 Like

Hi Anthony, thanks for an awesome work, I have the latest codes and it works fine, I have a very specific problem, I have a UPS that is connected to my router and the Efergy hub and Smartthings hub, when the house power is down, and that happens a lot in my area, the app stops reporting, I thought it should report 0 because it does that in the Efergy web interface, but nothing at all in the Smartthings. All I see in the recently log is the last reading before the power cut and the first after it returns and a time gap in between. I attached 2 images for the Smartthings log (power down at 4:11 pm)

and the web log of Efergy for the power cut. The 2 hours difference is due to UTC+2 timing not reflected on Smartthings.
I need this so that I can have a flag to act upon when power is down or up. Thanks

When I get some time I will take a look at it.

When you check your daily usage on the engage website what do you look at? im still trying to figure out why my daily figures aren’t matching up i wonder if i’m comparing the wrong figures. i switch to week view on history and hover over today

but the smartapp is showing

I still don’t understand why you are seeing different data. If you are bored and feel like playing with something new I recommend this to log your data.

Will do, ill get that setup :slight_smile:

I have the same issue as Big_Webstas, my daily usage in Smartthings is more than double that of Efergy web interface, check these attachments

The data displayed in SmartThings is the data pulled from the api. I don’t make any calculations so the issue is not the app/device.

Big_Webstas do you have 1 or 2 clamps (transmitters) in your Efergy setup?

I have 2 clamps

I think Smartthings reports the real-time power of only one transmitter, but the rest of the historical data is the sum of the 2 transmitters, thats what I noticed in my case.
When you think about it, this makes sense since it can only report one real-time stream but the rest of the historical data is polled from the Efergy database as a total.

But i have only 1 transmitter that has two clamps on it though

My setup looks like this (its not mine just an amz review) but its the one transmitter with two clamps hooked to the two 110 legs coming in

were you talking clamps or transmitters?

Ok i’m finally at a point where I’m caught up with my other projects. I’m ready to start work on overhauling this app and devices.

What would you guys like to see added/changed?

Noob question: Do you need the Efergy engage hub to make all this work? Or does the smarthings hub replace it?

I’m new to smarthings hub, I haven’t even bought one yet tbh. I stumbled across this and one other thread Anthony did a while back doing some research on the energy monitoring setup that came with my solar water heater setup.

I’d like to pull it (efergy elite classic with 2 power monitors) and a few other smart devices into the smarthings hub and just have one app to view and monitor my stuff with as few hubs as possible.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was for the incorrect $ (which shows the monthly $ for daily in your screenshots), not usage. Ignore below

Change line 174 of the Efergy device type to:

sendEvent(name: “todayUsage”, value: “${state.currencySym}${todayCost} (${todayUsage} kWH)”, display: false, displayed: false)

The current code has this listed as monthCost on this line.

Yes you need the Efergy Engage hub to make it work. The Efergy Engage hub receives data from the transmitter and clamp what then sends the data back to Efergy’s servers.

This smartapp then pulls your data from Efergy’s servers using a app token what in turn allows the smartapp to pull the data from your Efergy Engage account.

Also the Efergy Engage hub can be temperamental and freeze up and end up going into demo mode, what can then only be fixed by contacting Efergy with your Engage Hub’s MAC address. I have had this happen two times to me already.

As said in this thread, I want to incorporate better integration of this “Efergy 2.0 (connect)” smartapp into the SmartTiles Dashboard.

i.e. What I really want on my SmartTiles dashboard in addition to the existing current usage in Watts/Kw’s, is the current running cost per hour (i.e. £0.65 p/hr) along with “Today’s Usage” in both “£” and “kWH”, the months usage also in “£” and “kWH” like shown on tonesto7’s smartapp.

Would it be possible for me (and how) or competent others on here to edit the code for this smartapp/device handler to add the other pieces of data such as “£ p/hr” I want displayed on the dashboard of SmartTiles as their own respective power meters.

i.e. So I have several “Power Meters” each displaying a different bit of data that will be displayed on my SmartTiles dashboard.

Regards: Elliott.

1 Like