Update to SmartThings Web Login

I’m still having issues logging into the new web login. Guess I have to wait till 9am PDT to call into support to have them recheck my account again based on their update from early morning=> “Resolved - The intermittent errors affecting some Samsung Account users have been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us via support.smartthings.com if you have any questions. Oct 12, 01:25 EDT”

check for a second location

logout of the app, log back in with your samsung account and see if they show up

ok, last thought. install the samsung connect app and login. if there is still no devices showing, you will need to contact support at https://support.smartthings.com

Update: OK Figured it out, apparently during update samsung creates second location with exactly same name. Only after I logged in to dev console and changed the name of both locations I was able to see them on the app screen and was able to change to my old location and deleted a new one. OK, now looks fine. But this is not for a faint of heart or someone who does not know how to get to dev web console.

And real thanks for the pointer to look for a second location, I was just not able to see it due to same name…

1 Like

Yup… This is 100% what happens (most of the time).

Unfortunately, SmartThings hasn’t made any effort to fix this, nor inform Customers that it is happening. Thank goodness for this Community!

3 Likes

We do take it seriously and it is something that is under active investigation on how we can improve or mitigate the situation. It is worth noting that the majority of users in this situation actually have a second location from logging into their Samsung account with SmartThings previously.

Changes were also made to OAuth where when two locations have the same name, device counts will be shown:
CloudApp

There is also a section in our migration help docs which touches on this topic.

CloudApp

3 Likes

Thanks for the ongoing effort, Brad…

We’re just experiencing a lot of Customers suddenly migrating to a new “Location” simply because they started using the new SmartThings App and didn’t realize how to continue to use the same original Location from the Classic App. I’ll have to remember to point folks to the Support Database Article(s) too.

The Device Count display is a great idea!

2 Likes

I’m finally able to get back into my IDE early this evening. Had to call support this morning in order to report that my previously migrated account a while ago was somehow locked out when the Wednesday web login change took place.

Gee… Is Google being paranoid, or is Samsung or Discourse being invasive, or is there some hidden link somewhere???