I’ve been following what you’ve been saying about people claiming a high reliability rate on their systems.
I just wanted to clear up some stuff…
Once I realized how severe the problems were reaching I stopped any improvement changes to my system. I went into maintenance mode.
I tried to not change anything in my hardware or my programming. I did add a couple of bulbs, but nothing major.
I had several zigbee bulbs stop responding. When renaming the device failed, or it starred failing again I moved it to my Phillips bridge. No problem since.
I had two zigbee motion sensors stop responding. Popping the batteries for a quick reset fixed it. This happened got three days in a row at the very beginning. It didn’t repeat.
rules beginning corrupted. This occurred about 25 times total. No problems got the past two weeks, I think.
automations failing and sporadic - this only occurred when directly related to corrupted rules.
mode changes: only one failure to change modes.
mobile app - at the beginning I was having bad problems with the failure to load smartapps and the fatal error when tapping the back button. The failure to load error cleared up pretty quickly and the fatal error seems to have been fixed as of yesterday.
presence sensors afu. But that was the case before the meltdown. I cleared up all of those issues by going completely away from SHM and using life360 and rule machine.
The majority of all of this was in the first 10 days of the meltdown.
Over the past week I have not had any of the above problems. Every device and automation setup with ST has been operating (on the surface) as I have intended them to.
At this moment, and over the past week, a general consumer with no previous knowledge of smartthings, could walk through my house and experience my home automations without a glitch. All of my timed and motion activated automations have been working as intended for the past ten days.
The above is how I have come to my perceived reliability rating of 99%.
Now, let’s look at this as the anal retentive techno geek that I am.
- actions reporting an overly excessive number of times when actions occur. This could be contributing to system lag as well a server flooding.
- Alexa giving error tone for commands that have worked for months. This gets worse as Amazon adds more integrations, but has been prevelant since the addition of direct thermostat control.
- cloud lag causing delays for triggered responces. Bulbs taking more than one second to respond to commands.
Those are honestly the only issues I’m currently experiencing.
My system has over 100 physical devices, 68 rules in rule machine, 24 rules in smart lighting, 6 rules in Alexa helper, four installs of button controller, and some other minor stuff.
So, as a non technical consumer experiencing my exact scenario - this thing is awesome.
As a techno geek experiencing this exact scenario - It’s a sinking stinking turd.