Unnecessary LED-status reporting from GE switches?

Constant LED status reporting - Is this necessary? Is it clogging up communication in the ZWave network? See screenshot:

It would help if you identified what the porch light is. Is it a GE switch ? Leviton switch? A Cree bulb ? A Ge bulb ? A Hue bulb ?

Hi @James_Watts,

It’s a known issue, but it’s not flooding your zwave mesh, just the event log. I highly recommend emailing support, and when you do please reference my support ticket #287314.

2 Likes

Hi sorry, these are GE switches, dimmers, and outlets. I can email support… is your support ticket #287314 in regards to this issue?

Yup which is why I mentioned it and why it’s important that you reference it.

1 Like

Consider it done.

1 Like

Thanks! The more people that let them know, the better. Who knows if that makes them work faster on a fix though…

Hey, I’m happy to picket with ya.

1 Like

I did this several weeks ago. I was told to do a hard reboot of the hub and when that did not work I was told that ST was working on it and I’d be notified if they found out anything.

BTW, this is how I know my batteries were okay a few weeks ago. I pulled them for the reboot and they were not leaking then. They did leak subsequent to that.

I have exactly the same issue. I’ll submit a case and reference #287314 also. Every one of my GE zwave switches is filling my event log with the same led message.

Same here. Random on different switches, but chronic.

Looks like they’re working on it:

"Thanks for letting us know. I have added you to a list of customers who are also experiencing this problem. This is an issue that we are actively tracking and are currently working on. I do not have a specific timeline on when this issue will be resolved, however, our devs are currently working on it.

In the meantime, this issue has not effect on any of your devices other than the high number of notifications. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience and we will follow up when we have a resolution. Thanks for your patience, James! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!"

1 Like

Same thing here.

Hey guys I did report this problem maybe 3 weeks ago and at the end. I changed the device type and it solved some of the problem. For z-wave switch. I changed to another z-wave switch genetic and back to z-wave switch. Same for dimmer.

I have the same problem, I will write support tomorrow. Maybe everyone should list their ticket numbers so when we send in for support they are all listed.

Power to the people.

Ticket #304980

My case number is 314580

Ray, so you just temporarily changed the device type and then back again and the issue went away?

Ticket 314586