Unable to recognize the ADT SmartThings Hub via 3rd party application

I’m working on an mobile application that scans for connected SmartThings devices. We are able to see some SmartThings devices, but not all of them. For example, we’d like to arm/disarm the ADT hub/device shown here https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-Wireless-Security-Detector/dp/B077JRBSSZ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=adt+smartthings&qid=1555619485&s=gateway&sr=8-2, but am unable to see the device while scanning. We also tried pairing the ADT SmartThings Remote to the Hub, but after pairing we couldn’t see that either.

Has anyone had any luck recognizing this device/hub as well as being able to disarm/arm from a 3rd party application? We found a piece of software that may help [Released] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems, but am not 100% sure if this will work.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

Why are you scanning the wifi network instead of using the groovy or new smartthings api platform.

3 Likes

Hi Mavrrick58,

Thank you for your quick response. We’re looking for the best way to accomplish arming and disarming the ADT alarm. We’re having trouble finding documentation on it, but found that your Tool 2 code https://github.com/Mavrrick/ADT-Tools-2/tree/master/smartapps/mavrrick looks to have this capability. Silly question, but where did you happen to find the documentation on how to do this exactly?

We’re considering to build a SmartApp to assist us with such functionality at this point.

Thank you again

I’d honestly be astonished if you could accomplish this. It would be a huge security flaw for the ADT part of the system.

2 Likes

ADT Tools functions from within the Smartthings platform. So it wont help you at all if you want an app that doesnt function from there and frankly as you said ADT Tools already does it.

2 Likes

Neither SmartThings nor ADT have exposed an API for arming & disarming the ADT Alarm portion of the ADT SmartThing Security Hub.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the prompt responses.

Does anyone here have a Samsung contact that could possible assist with a business partnership discussion to see if such API’s can be exposed?

Try the Technical Support messaging channel on the new Samsung SmartThings Developer site.

Good-luck. I really don’t think you’ll get any positive response. The relationship SmartThings has with ADT is likely very tightly controlled, restrictive, and intertwined with particular business strategies.

2 Likes

What’s the plan on this since Smart Things announced EOL for the ADT smartthings panel?

https://mailchi.mp/smartthings/retirement-announcement-adt?e=6315404b80

[ADT and SmartThings\ 390x69](file:///private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/78997212-65CF-449D-BF26-E6351F4A4444/Gmail.app/#m_7115491160560193697_)

Your ADTSmartThings Home Security System will be retiring in 90 days

Hello,
We wanted to let you know that we will be discontinuing support of your ADT SmartThingsHome Security and Safety system effective June 1, 2021 .

Some questions you might have, and answers you might want
What will happen after that date?
Your ADT SmartThings Home Security and Safety devices (including the Security Hub, Detectors and Alarms) along with the optional 24/7 professional monitoring from ADT will no longer work. You will also no longer be able to use the SmartThings app to control any Zigbee, Z-Wave, or LAN devices that are connected to your hub.
What options do I have to continue having monitored security?
Your continued safety is our first priority. Learn more about how about how ADT and Samsung can help you continue monitoring your home security and stay protected.
What should I do with my old equipment?
You may be eligible for a full or partial refund. Please visit our FAQ page for instructions.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you and remain deeply committed to providing you you with the highest level of support during this transition. You can find more info on our FAQ page.
Thank you,
The ADT SmartThings Team

You’re replying to a topic which is two years old and one of the people responding has literally died since then. I don’t think there’s any action on this particular subtopic anymore.

If you’re asking about the ADT/SmartThings announcement that that product line is going to be discontinued, see the current conversation,

Hub retirements (2021) V1, Nvidia Link, ADT