Unable to link to ifft

Hi. I had linked smartthings and ifft years ago but I never needed the integration until recently. I’ve also upgraded my iPhone recently and enabled the 2 factor authentication for smartthings.

When I use the ifft app and I try to select a smartthings applet, it asks me to link the service first, which I do. I enter my credentials, then select “my home”…submit…then ifft return an error: “there was a problem with your request”.

What I tried so far:
-erased the ifft service from smartthings (remember I enabled it years ago). Interestingly I had to try 2-3 times since I got a network error message
-rebooted the phone
-reinstalled ifft.

You may need to wait for the new version to be released:

I don’t believe I have seen any announcements at this posting but I may be wrong.

2 Likes

My IFTTT connection shows an authorization screen like all recent Edge integrations where I don’t have to check every device, only have to check Locations and Devices, so it looks to me like they already are rolling out the integration.

I would try it again.

You need to go into SmartThing and delete the linked service connection to IFTTT.

Then go back into IFTTT and re-add SmartThings. This will be the new style c2c integration with no way to limit the devices you want shared. All devices will be shared. It will also mess up your existing Applets, so you will need to re add the ST devices to each Applet.

The new linked service is called IFTTT API Access.

2 Likes

I checked smartthings to make sure the ifft service is deleted. Then within ifft, I’ve re-authorized smartthings. This is is the window I get before the error message.

I got an error message on my 2nd location when has a separate IFTTT account. But when I went to ST Linked Services they had in fact been linked. I then went back to IFTTT and my devices were all available.

I tried the steps above, and IFTTT still cannot connect to the service. This is after removing the legacy version, and removing IFTTT from Smartthings. Does anyone know if you are required to have a Pro+ account to link up with Smartthings now? I am subbed to a Pro account now, and it seems ridiculous if I have to upgrade since I only ha(d) 2 applets, but one is archived now due to the loss of connection to Smartthings and removing the “Legacy” version…

I relinked mine last week and I am using the Free tier.

See the following about linking problems.

1 Like

I’ve entered a ticket with smartthings support team a few days ago (still no answer). I’ve also given them full acess to investigate my account.

I think if I open a new smartthings account, I would be able to link ifft without any issues. However I have too many devices and automations and re-adding them into the new account would be a pain in the butt. The only reason I need ifft to talk to smartthings is to have advanced scheduling for Jarvis (my roomba vacuum).

You should also contact IFTTT support.

1 Like

The integration is owned by and written by the Ifttt team, so as @paul_oliver suggests, the best thing is to contact Ifttt support. The smartthings team can’t really do anything at this point.

You need to go into SmartThing and delete the linked service connection to IFTTT.

Then go back into IFTTT and re-add SmartThings. This will be the new style c2c integration with no way to limit the devices you want shared. All devices will be shared. It will also mess up your existing Applets, so you will need to re add the ST devices to each Applet.

The new linked service is called IFTTT API Access.

Having the same issue.

Can someone explain where I go to delete and re-auth IFTTT.
I can’t find IFTTT in the Smartthing app or the Smarthing IDE page…

Thanks in advance!

Menu > Settings (gear in upper right) > Linked Services

Thank you Peep!

So I’ve removed IFTTT from the Linked Services.

I have then gone back to IFTTT and re-authenticated Smartthings with IFTTT, but now when I create an applet and search for “Smartthings” nothing shows up…

What did I do wrong?

It appears to be currently broken. I already made the change to the new method but it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming @Paul_Oliver!

I’ll revisit this in a few day’s time then :face_exhaling:

1 Like

I was looking for it today too. Hopefully, it is just broken for now and not an issue that they will not work together going forward.

1 Like

Seems to be semi working now.

I can see, connect and configure Smartthings services via my Android mobile app.
But nothing shows up via the web browsers.

Either way I’m manage to setup and replace my triggers from Smartthings and everything is back up and running.