IFTTT and groovy EOL update

I had to reauthorize my IFTTT account and noticed that it seems to still be using groovy, so I emailed IFTT support asking “Will IFTTT still be available with Smartthings after groovy ends?”

This was their reply…

The IFTTT and Samsung teams are currently working on launching a new SmartThings IFTTT service which will be a replacement for the existing SmartThings service that uses Groovy. I don’t have an exact date I can share yet, but we’re planning to have the new service available in the near future.
If you have any additional questions please let us know!
TTThanks,
Dan from IFTTT

I hope they make it quick

3 Likes

Wow… it seems unbelievable that in such a transition that will cause millions of people to have to make critical changes to how their homes operate they haven’t been working on integration with common platforms like IFTTT. Frankly, it’s unacceptable.

1 Like

They haven’t? They’ve made new versions for Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings Home Monitor, Smart Lighting, etc. Seems they are starting with high priority and working down the list as one would expect.

2 Likes

And Matter. Which may end up being one of the most important integrations.

1 Like

Good news from IFTTT.

Hey There,
Thanks for your message!
The IFTTT team is aiming to have the new SmartThings service available before the existing service stops working. Please keep an eye out in the coming weeks for emails from the IFTTT team on the transition to the new service, I’d recommend making sure you’re subscribed to announcement emails in your account settings page:

4 Likes

all of my IFTTT automation with Smartthings stop working now. Do they have a release date for the new version? This is causing a lot of headache.