Unable to include any Devices in Automations or Scenes

So lately I got the idea of adding a new automation on Smartthings. I am unable to do so by today as the device option is greyed out to choose between trigger or the action. I have Automations which were created before this issue and they work normally even though I am unable to edit them. Also I noticed when trying to add a scene the control devices option is greyed out. Is anyone experiencing or experienced the same issue?

I am having the same issue. I logged out and back in. nowhere near the 100 automation limit. deleted the app and reinstalled it with no luck.

taking a shot in the dark - try disabling wifi on your mobile device and use cellular only (that is if you don’t have a table device that is wifi only :slight_smile: )

Joined the community to see if I can find an answer to the same problem(s). They all seem similar but slightly different. My ‘control devices’ select was greyed out so I could not make a new automation. Also my existing automations would say ‘unknown condition’.
jkp (thank you!) - I found in other threads your recommendation to log out and log in. I have done that and that has brought back my zwave locks but not my zigbee sensor. Tried the disabling wifi - no change. Any other ideas?

I found out I am experiencing the same issue when I tried adding a new automation; device status and device control is grayed out. My current automations show unknown device even though they are working.

Did anyone ever figure out a resolution to this issue?

I inadvertently found a solution to the problem. If I rename the device and then save it, that device then becomes available in automations/scenes; I had to do this for each device individually.

1 Like

Thanks HoleInMyShoe! I got lucky and only had to rename 1 device and most, if not all, from what I can tell, are now available in automations.

Is anyone from SAMSUNG on this thread so they log a defect? Although being in the development world this will likely be de-prioritized as having a workaround. Still good to have it on there so when they are working on that area of code it gets addressed.

Thanks again!

It has been a year but I was having a similar problem and decided to share the solution I found on reddit.
In my case, I couldn’t use the Galaxy Smarttag to control other devices as the option was grey.
Turns out I had to first link other controlable devices to SmartThings and then the option was available with the device listed.

sharing in case someone was in the same situation and this helps them.