Unable to include any Devices in Automations or Scenes

So lately I got the idea of adding a new automation on Smartthings. I am unable to do so by today as the device option is greyed out to choose between trigger or the action. I have Automations which were created before this issue and they work normally even though I am unable to edit them. Also I noticed when trying to add a scene the control devices option is greyed out. Is anyone experiencing or experienced the same issue?

I am having the same issue. I logged out and back in. nowhere near the 100 automation limit. deleted the app and reinstalled it with no luck.

taking a shot in the dark - try disabling wifi on your mobile device and use cellular only (that is if you don’t have a table device that is wifi only :slight_smile: )

Joined the community to see if I can find an answer to the same problem(s). They all seem similar but slightly different. My ‘control devices’ select was greyed out so I could not make a new automation. Also my existing automations would say ‘unknown condition’.
jkp (thank you!) - I found in other threads your recommendation to log out and log in. I have done that and that has brought back my zwave locks but not my zigbee sensor. Tried the disabling wifi - no change. Any other ideas?

I found out I am experiencing the same issue when I tried adding a new automation; device status and device control is grayed out. My current automations show unknown device even though they are working.

Did anyone ever figure out a resolution to this issue?

I inadvertently found a solution to the problem. If I rename the device and then save it, that device then becomes available in automations/scenes; I had to do this for each device individually.

1 Like

Thanks HoleInMyShoe! I got lucky and only had to rename 1 device and most, if not all, from what I can tell, are now available in automations.

Is anyone from SAMSUNG on this thread so they log a defect? Although being in the development world this will likely be de-prioritized as having a workaround. Still good to have it on there so when they are working on that area of code it gets addressed.

Thanks again!