Unable to connect to KS8000

This is the first time I have had the issue. I only use HDMI 4 for the ARC and its connected to a Yamaha 783. Worked great until about a week ago. I didn’t even know the TV did a firmware update. I’m trying to find more info online when I get time, but it’s pretty hit and miss.

Same issue here. Last Samsung TV update broke integration with SmartThings

Same issue here. Samsung TV not working with SmartThings anymore since September 19th.

1 Like

Same, integration is broken for me now! Can’t re-add the TV in smartthings either. Reported to SmartThings support and linked this and the other thread.

2 Likes

Everyone should open a ticket with ST and Samsung in regards to this issue. More tickets = faster resolution.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue and opened up a ticket with SmartThings support. Here’s hoping it helps.

2 Likes

I am experiencing the exact same issue as everyone else here and will report it to support as well.

Any updates? I also reported issue.

Still broken for me… No update on my support ticket other than the initial “we are aware of the issue”

Broken the ST integration for me as well. But I also HDMI port 2 from time to time says nothing is connected.

I was informed from Samsung TV support, today, a new firmware was released for this TV yesterday. I do not know if this fixes the issues we have been experiencing. The TV does not see the new firmware but it can be found here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2016-suhd-smart-tv-ks8-series#downloads

The support email was as follows:

Dear EKershner,

Thank you for writing back to us. It is never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We always strive to create a positive customer experience. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. I’ve checked our database and see that a new software version 1206.1 is released for this TV on Oct’16, 2017. You can update the software version of the TV from Home>>Settings>>Support>>Software Update>>Update Now. if the TV is unable to update the software version online, please update the software version using an USB. you can download the software version using the link below. Once you click on the link, it will download automatically to your PC/laptop.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201710/20171016124146776/T-JZMAKUC.zip

Once the file is downloaded to the PC/laptop, follow the steps as in the link below to update the software version on the TV.

I hope the above steps would be helpful to you to isolate the issues with the TV.

If you wish to chat, email or call us for further assistance, please go to the “Contact Us” option available on the right hand side of the E-mail.

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
Samsung Online Support

Thanks & regards,

Lavanya
Email Support
SAMSUNG Customer Support Center

1 Like

I just did the 1206.1 firmware upgrade via USB and unplugged for 30 minutes. No joy on re–discovery/detecting my UN55KS8000. Hopefully if will work for others. I will have to watch to see if the HDMI issues are fixed.

no change with 1206 for me also from a smartthings controlling standpoint.

This is ridiculous! My TV isn’t even a year old. I bought it for the smartthings integration. What recourse do we have when the manufacturer sabotages our equipment?

Did the update fix the HDMI problem? I have to unplug and plug in the tv everyday to get a signal. Sounds like others are having the same problems.

Not sure yet - haven’t used it enough to know.

I don’t both unplugging - just hold power down for about 10 seconds and it restarts the TV and all is fine. Annoying but is much easier than anything else.

Thus far (fingers crossed) it appears as if the HDMI issue was resolved. However, on the down side, it did not appear to fix the SmartThings integration, as others have reported.

I don’t think anyone has reported smartthings fixed have they?

I haven’t seen mine cut out yet today after the installing the update. Keeping my fingers crossed. Still no ST connection.

Is there any further update on this? I updated to 1206 and still can’t connect to ST. I haven’t realized how much I was using ST integration already.